SWM / Diplexer question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kozmocat

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
I currently have Dish Network with a DPP44 in the attic and a DPP Separator at the VIP622. I also have a diplexer at the receiver so I can run the signal for tuner 2 back up the same single cable to the attic, where there is another diplexer and a splitter that sends the tuner 2 signal to 3 other TV's in the house. I use a RF remote at those 3 locations.

I am switching to DIRECTV and was told I will be receiving a HR23 receiver and a SWM setup. I know I will lose the ability to watch the 2 tuners separately but only one TV is really on at a time so this isn't a big issue. I read that the HD and SD outputs on the HR23 work simultaneously so I was hoping that I could hook up the TV at the receiver to HD and use the diplexers to send the signal up the cable and split it out to the other 3 TV's in the attic like I am doing now. Will this work? If not, is there a way to accomplish the same thing without running another cable?

Not sure how far all your runs are, but all the outputs on the back of the Hxx series are active at all times so its possible to use those for your other room runs. I have also read about using either a component or composite to coax modulator which should solve all your problems & allow you to use all your existing coax.

edit: If you want to use any Diplexers with your SWM setup they need to be SWM compliant & pass 960 to 2150 Mhz.

why are you switching??? D* doesn't have a multiroom solution like Dish....

If it was me...I would buy an extra SD receiver with an RF out, and run that to the other rooms.....

I currently have Dish Network with a DPP44 in the attic and a DPP Separator at the VIP622. I also have a diplexer at the receiver so I can run the signal for tuner 2 back up the same single cable to the attic, where there is another diplexer and a splitter that sends the tuner 2 signal to 3 other TV's in the house. I use a RF remote at those 3 locations.

I am switching to DIRECTV and was told I will be receiving a HR23 receiver and a SWM setup. I know I will lose the ability to watch the 2 tuners separately but only one TV is really on at a time so this isn't a big issue. I read that the HD and SD outputs on the HR23 work simultaneously so I was hoping that I could hook up the TV at the receiver to HD and use the diplexers to send the signal up the cable and split it out to the other 3 TV's in the attic like I am doing now. Will this work? If not, is there a way to accomplish the same thing without running another cable?
see attatchment

Attachments

• swm-ota.jpg
    swm-ota.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 199
you will only get an HR23 if your local warehouse/technician has that instock, we only get what D* gives us and have no control over it no matter what the CSR says

I could be wrong but don't you need two diplexers. I had to use two with my setup, one on each end or it wouldn't work.

I want to use one line with SWM and also backfeed on the same line. The Picture looks like you would be running 2 satellite receivers? Like the Previous post, I would assume you would need 2 Diplexers to use the single wire as a Sat Feed AND a backfeed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts