SWM LNB Rollout Starting?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Overnight I got the following email about the SWM LNB starting to be available. I have no way of proving this email is legit but it appears to be.

Here it is...

Beginning 4/30/08 the SWM LNB will be released in 3 phases.
HSP’s will use existing slimline stock before using SWM LNBs.

Phase 1 Markets (HSP Markets, Not DMAs):
Austin
Boston(Manchester, NH & VT)
Chicago
Dallas-Fortworth
Denver
Detroit
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Missoula, MT
Monterey-Salinas, CA
Phoenix
Reno CA, NV
Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto
San Diego
San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
Santa Barbara-Santa Maria- San Luisobispo
Shreveport, AR, LA, OK, TX
Washington DC (Hagerstown) DC, MD, PA, VA
West Palm Beach - Fort Pierce

It should be noted in these areas customers can not request one of these LNB's. The installer must use what they are given for any install.

I cant wait until these are available as I want to switch mine over and rewire my house this would help get rid of a lot of wire for me outside.

since my area isn't listed, there's a good possibility the current stock of lnb's might be long gone.

Good news if true. This lnb is a great advancement for direcTV. Just one wire from the dish into the house. Inside it uses normal high-bandwith splitters (requires up to 2300mhz) that you can buy many places (even Lowes & H.D.). It feeds up to 8 tuners, so 1 to a standard non-dvr box, 2 to any Dvrs. But only one wire needs to be run to each box, including DVRs.

In general, it is designed to make installation much easier, especially in pre-wired homes or homes switching from cable. Installers can put the dish up, replace any splitters, and plug in the boxes.

Installers will also have a wire-testing tool that can tell them if any splitters in-line are appropriate and if there is any problems with the wiring.

It is designed to be much easier for installers and for customers to add/move receivers.

Good news if true. This lnb is a great advancement for direcTV. Just one wire from the dish into the house. Inside it uses normal high-bandwith splitters (requires up to 2300mhz) that you can buy many places (even Lowes & H.D.). It feeds up to 8 tuners, so 1 to a standard non-dvr box, 2 to any Dvrs. But only one wire needs to be run to each box, including DVRs.

In general, it is designed to make installation much easier, especially in pre-wired homes or homes switching from cable. Installers can put the dish up, replace any splitters, and plug in the boxes.

Installers will also have a wire-testing tool that can tell them if any splitters in-line are appropriate and if there is any problems with the wiring.

It is designed to be much easier for installers and for customers to add/move receivers.

I hate that it can only support up to 8 tuners. I'm already running 8 tuners and wish I could go up to 10 without having to run additional wires.

Scott-
If you get any insider info on how existing customers can get one of these, let us know.

My installer only ran 2 of the 4 lines from the Slimline into my house (the other two are outside and snipped off). I have no clue why he did this - but I guess it's my fault for not hawking over him during installation. :mad:

So, right now, I can't even add a 3rd receiver in my house because of this.

It won't be compatible with most signal meters. Birddog has a model which supports it, but I don't know about others. If one has a Slimlne LNB assembly, that could be used for alignment and then switched out.

Overnight I got the following email about the SWM LNB starting to be available. I have no way of proving this email is legit but it appears to be.

Here it is...

It should be noted in these areas customers can not request one of these LNB's. The installer must use what they are given for any install.

I cant wait until these are available as I want to switch mine over and rewire my house this would help get rid of a lot of wire for me outside.

I have a question... what does HSP and DMA stand for. Also, since we can't request them, does this mean its hit or miss if you will get a new one. My house was just built and is pre-wired, the SWMline is the only way I can get DTV; unless I do major re-wiring work and with opening up drywall, which I refuse to do inorder to get DTV. So would I kow at ordering if I am getting one or would I have to wait until install guys comes over to find out?

Thanks for the info... I hope to have DTV intime to get NFL ST and watch the Dolphins fight for next years #1 overall draft pick. GO DOLPHINS!

HSP : Home Service Provider ie.. Ironwood, Premier, AeroSat, Mastec

DMA: Direct Market Area The assigned Area a HSP's Local/Regional office will service. Generally not overlapped with Another HSP's DMA.

Example... Mastec Is Based out of Florida but has Locall offices all over the country.. Take their Raleigh, NC Office Which Covers the City of Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest.. then spreads out to rural areas up to South Hill VA and Down past Fayetteville NC, about 150 mile spread, that offices DMA.

HSP : Home Service Provider ie.. Ironwood, Premier, AeroSat, Mastec

DMA: Direct Market Area The assigned Area a HSP's Local/Regional office will service. Generally not overlapped with Another HSP's DMA.

Example... Mastec Is Based out of Florida but has Locall offices all over the country.. Take their Raleigh, NC Office Which Covers the City of Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest.. then spreads out to rural areas up to South Hill VA and Down past Fayetteville NC, about 150 mile spread, that offices DMA.

DMA stands for Designated Market Area, IOW, the television market you live in, like NY or Boston.

I hate that it can only support up to 8 tuners. I'm already running 8 tuners and wish I could go up to 10 without having to run additional wires.

I would also love to be able to use more than 8 tuners. My question is how many feeds can come out of the dish? Is there still 4 connections that can be used or did they make it so there is only one output now? If there is still 4 outputs does that mean you could run up to 32 tuners off of the single dish?

Here it is...

Sweet I'll get my hands on one in a day or 2. now.

ok it's 2 dishes depending on the customers needs. one version with one wire. one with 2 wires. My dishes are on the way so hopefully I have one by monday.

ok it's 2 dishes depending on the customers needs. one version with one wire. one with 2 wires. My dishes are on the way so hopefully I have one by monday.

Am I correct to assume that the one with 2 wires can support beyond 8 tuners. I really would like to have 10 tuners.

I am in one of the roll out markets (San Luis Obispo, CA). I'm with E* now, but really wanting D*. I've been waiting for this for awhile, maybe I'll call a local retailer see if they have this new LNB. If I switch I can finally "move" back home to get my locals in HD. E* doesn't carry them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)