SWM On Standard Install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yawn9

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Is SWM a part of the standard install for DirecTV? I moved into a new condo, and this place already has one wire coming into the living room from a DirecTV dish on the roof. I'm not sure what kind of dish that is on the roof, as I'm way out of date on what they all look like.

I'd like to have a SWM install to a HD DVR in the living room, and then a second SD receiver in the adjacent bedroom. There is already a short length of coax running through the wall between the living room and bedroom.

Could be an MDU or a simple install if it's a small building. Isn't their someone at the Condo Association you can ask regarding this situation?

Could be an MDU or a simple install if it's a small building. Isn't their someone at the Condo Association you can ask regarding this situation?
The condo association does not coordinate any satellite installations, however, they are allowed. They are requesting I don't have any additional holes on the exterior wall drilled, though, so I'm just wondering if I'll have to pay DirecTV for a SWM install or if it's covered by the free standard installation.

in most markets dtv does swm on all hd installs w/ more then 1 reciever..to b sure u get one i can give u the number to diretcstar in which im sure they can set u up with swm if u request for no added cost

in most markets dtv does swm on all hd installs w/ more then 1 reciever..to b sure u get one i can give u the number to diretcstar in which im sure they can set u up with swm if u request for no added cost

You are almost correct, they will use SWM for free in any SWM market with a HDDVR If there is no HDDVR and you request the SWM5 or 3 LNB they may charge $129 for it. AFAIK There are no 100% SWM markets yet, but some markets are Slimline Dish only in which case that market would use the same pricing with a SDDVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts