SWM Power

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Winston2000

Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay area
I have an HR34 a HR24 and three H24 HD recievers. My SWM is mounted outside next to the Dish. It seems the SWM gets power from one of the H24's. Cause if i unplug the H24 that is in my daughters room, i loose reception for the entire house, and it gives and error stating that the SWM has lost power. Now here is the issue. I want to run a cable from the SWM to another room, and move that H24 back and forth between those rooms. Is it a special COAX cable for that H24 since it carries power to the SWM?

I have an HR34 a HR24 and three H24 HD recievers. My SWM is mounted outside next to the Dish. It seems the SWM gets power from one of the H24's. Cause if i unplug the H24 that is in my daughters room, i loose reception for the entire house, and it gives and error stating that the SWM has lost power. Now here is the issue. I want to run a cable from the SWM to another room, and move that H24 back and forth between those rooms. Is it a special COAX cable for that H24 since it carries power to the SWM?

I assume you have a SWM16 (since you have more than 8 tuners)?
The SWM16 has a specific spot for the power inserter that you can hook a cable to (it doesnt affect any other output)

Ah i see. So I should put the power inserter device on another H24 that will not be moved from room to room.
Yes. And make sure that the coax running from the different HR24 with the power inserter is connected to the proper terminal on your SWM 16. You should also get a 70 ohm terminator and put it on the line that does not have any receiver attached. (You have to add a barrel to connect the terminator to your "open" line.) This terminator is necessary to make your SWM work properly. (I do this every time we take one of our HR24s along on a RV trip with us.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts