SWM Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mangler88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Nc
Ok im having problems with my setup and i think i may have figured out an alternative.

My neighbor and i have a very small space to aim a dish through and his can get signal and mine cannot. Heres my question.

He has one HDDVR Setup to a swm line with no multiswitch or anything.
Can i take his line and plug it into one end of a multiswitch and take 3 lines from mine and plug them into the switch as well then plug his dish into the switch?

this is the switch im thinking.
DIRECTV SWM-8 Single Wire Multi-Switch With Power Supply (8 Channel) (SWM-8) - DIRECTV - SWM-8 -=

Ok im having problems with my setup and i think i may have figured out an alternative.

My neighbor and i have a very small space to aim a dish through and his can get signal and mine cannot. Heres my question.

He has one HDDVR Setup to a swm line with no multiswitch or anything.
Can i take his line and plug it into one end of a multiswitch and take 3 lines from mine and plug them into the switch as well then plug his dish into the switch?

this is the switch im thinking.
DIRECTV SWM-8 Single Wire Multi-Switch With Power Supply (8 Channel) (SWM-8) - DIRECTV - SWM-8 -=

To be honest not sure what you are saying here?

im wanting to run 1 DVR from my neighbors house and my 3 recievers to a multiswitch on a SWM satellite dish

Im wondering if all i need to do is buy the multiswitch listed up there and plug the dish and all of the connections into it or if there is more.

If he has an SWM dish you can't connect a multiswitch to it. If your equipment is SWM compatible you could run the cable from his dish to an SWM 4- or 8-way splitter and then drive multiple receivers/DVRs from the splitter (maximum eight tuners total - DVR is two tuners)

You don't indicate how many receivers you have or what kind. Your receivers need to be SWiM compatible and you only need one line to each one, including DVR's. Don't forget to do satellite setup again on each receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)