SWM reading on D12

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcavaiani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
WI
I have SWM set up with a H24 and a D12. When I check signal strengths on the D12, I see that a "SWM" satellite signal reading comes up. Is there any significance to that reading of signal strengths?

I have SWM set up with a H24 and a D12. When I check signal strengths on the D12, I see that a "SWM" satellite signal reading comes up. Is there any significance to that reading of signal strengths?
A "SWM satellite signal" reading?

Can you post a photo of this display?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dcavaiani
A "SWM satellite signal" reading?

Can you post a photo of this display?

I remember what he's talking about, but have never really stopped to look at it.
It is located along with the rest of the Sat Signals.
More than likely it just verifies that your using SWM, iirc mine are high 90's or 100.

I remember what he's talking about, but have never really stopped to look at it.
It is located along with the rest of the Sat Signals.
More than likely it just verifies that your using SWM, iirc mine are high 90's or 100.
I remember that display as well ...

And thought DIRECTV removed it by FW update years ago. Assuredly so on all the HD receivers at least.

But perhaps on the SD boxes, which almost never receive FW updates, the old SWM signal level screen is still there is what I was curious about.

I remember that display as well ...

And thought DIRECTV removed it by FW update years ago. Assuredly so on all the HD receivers at least.

But perhaps on the SD boxes, which almost never receive FW updates, the old SWM signal level screen is still there is what I was curious about.

Well, I can look and see ...

Edit:
Well, your right, the SWM one is gone, see I knew I never really looked at it ....

I did find something else out when checking .... the AUDIO tone is back ....

Well, I can look and see ...

Edit:
Well, your right, the SWM one is gone, see I knew I never really looked at it ....

I did find something else out when checking .... the AUDIO tone is back ....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to use audio tone with my H24 tuning, but there is none ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to use audio tone with my H24 tuning, but there is none ??
As far as I know, there hasn't been an audio tone on any of the D* branded recvrs ...
Now the fact that when I checked the Signal strength the other day I heard one, surprised the hell out of me.

The need for one now is minimal seeing in most cases, an installer is doing the set up, using a meter, making the audio tone no longer necessary.
Thats the best I can figure as to why they removed it in the first place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)