SWM Slimline DIRECTV SWS8WB-P Switch/Multiplexer troubles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coda304

Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
detroit

The Gear:

SWM Slimline 5-lnb Dish (single wire SWM Lnb)

SWS8WB-P Switch/Multiplexer

P1-21 (SWM Power Supply)

1 HR23-700 (HD-DVR)

4 H21-200 (HD Box’s Shipped with BBC’S) SWM Firmware Ver. 2.0.20

1 D12-700 (SD Box)

Signal Strength Numbers: Taken from the HR-23-700 (the H21’s do not show the SWM in the signal meter or the 99’s)

101-98%

99c-92%

99s-Not acquired on signal meter-shows 9-16 transponders 74-97%

103s-34%

103c-93%

SWM-100%

My HR23 & D12 work fine but when I connect the 4 H21’s without the BBC’s I am not getting all the HD channels (such as CNN and locals). If I connect the H21’s with the BBC’s in-line all 3 boxes hang at a message “searching for satellite” I also got a message on one of the H21’s saying “multiplexer error” but the message went away after doing a reset and went back to the “searching for satellite message”.

I have tried unplugging power to all boxes, unplugging SWM power supply, disconnecting coax cables from each box. I then plugging back in SWM power supply & plugging in one receiver at a time with power/coax feeds from the multiplexer to no avail.

I also have one more issue with one of the H21’s being out of sync with 3 of the other H21’s. All 4 of the H21’s are connected via HDMI to 32” Panasonic TV’s but one of the 4 TV’s is different model # and that one is the TV that is out of sync. The 4 TV’s are in a bar setting and are all in line with each other so while watching a hockey game for example the TV that is out of sync shows a goal 2-3 seconds before the other 3 TV’s…not good. I am guessing that it’s due to digital rights management with the HDMI connection, so I am considering getting another TV that is the same model number to match the other 3 TV’s already in place.

How long are your cable runs to the H21's? If they are over 100', maybe the pulses from the H21s aren't getting back to the MS on the LNB?

I would guess that the cables might be the issue, especially if they are RG-59 (older type). To confirm that, you might try each H21 from one of the locations that works (the HR or the D12). That's all the help I can give. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)