SWM3 signal strength flips between Not Acquired to 95%

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scklumb

Original poster
Jul 10, 2011
Milwaukee
On both tuners 1 and 2, for 10 to 15 seconds it shows not acquired then for about 3 seconds signal strength goes up to 95%. Keeps cycling through this.

It was working fine for about 2 years. I had tenants move in with there own HR22-100 and worked fine for them. Then they lost signal (condo with our own dishes on the roof). I think someone disconnected my cable line to my dish. DirecTV came out and got them work, but tenants said randomly there signal would go out after this, then in March we had a hail storm and never worked again. They switched to cable. I had a SWM5, but the DirecTV tech replaced it with SWM3 (green label) I move back into my condo and connected my own HR22-100 and experience what I said above.
Note: long cable run about 200ft.

what I did for troubleshooting:
-my neighbor has his own SWM3 dish on roof. Connecting my cable to his dish I have the same problem. Connecting his cable to my dish he gets strong signal on my dish ~95% on all birds. His cable run is about 150ft (shorter than mine)
-connected his PI to my setup, I still had same problems.
-Ran a 100ft cable from my dish on roof down side of building through window and then I get strong signal on all birds and everything works fine.
-checked voltage of PI, 20.4volts. checked voltage on roof also about 20.4volts (over long cable)
-I also have an old 18" dish on roof. Connected my reciever to the old dish via 200ft of cable and that works fine, no problems.

Is its the long cable run? (this did work fine for 2 years) Is the green label SWM3 different? not sure if my old PI was 29V or 21V, should I get the 29V PI?

Not sure what to do. I'm stuck with cable I have, its in the walls of the building and can't be replaced.

Update: I moved the PI to the roof, and it now works. But I can't keep it up there. Its outside :(
Not sure If I had the 29V PI originally and directv tech swapped with 21V version. So would a 29V PI get me over this hump?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)