SWMLine 3 vs SWMLine 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I want to get a HD dish for my cabin which will pick up all my HD channels. I have a SWMLine 5 at my primary home. The cabin zip code is 54235. Will I be able to get away with a SWMLine 3? The cost for the 3 vs 5 on eBay is much less.

Thanks in advance.

If your SD locals are on 119, you just would not have CW and MYtv. The rest of your locals would be available in HD using the slimline 3 LNB.

That's all you'd lose.

As I see it, I would be missing the 110 and 119 satellite with the SWMLine 3. Is anything even on those birds anymore? Will the SWMLine 3 be compatible with the new satellite launching soon?

If your SD locals are on 119, you just would not have CW and MYtv. The rest of your locals would be available in HD using the slimline 3 LNB.

That's all you'd lose.

I can live without CW and MYtv at the cabin. What happens while scrolling through the guide or channel surfing and I come to one of these 2 channels? Will it just sit "searching for signal" or is the receiver smart enough to just skip over them if I have the SWMLine 3 dish type selected?

I can live without CW and MYtv at the cabin. What happens while scrolling through the guide or channel surfing and I come to one of these 2 channels? Will it just sit "searching for signal" or is the receiver smart enough to just skip over them if I have the SWMLine 3 dish type selected?
If you have the Slimline 3 SWM then the SD locals won't even appear in the guide. You will also lose the Hope channel, by the way, and the ethnic package is also on 119, if you subscribe to that..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts