New guy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mandolinplucker

Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
central ga
I am now a dish tv user and am satisfied with my service at home but I have a camper and that is where my problem is. In some campgrounds I have no problems setting up and finding my sats. Sometimes I can't find either sat or sometimes I can get 1 of them but due to obstructions cant get the other. I have noticed that direct tv subscribers have only 1 feed horne or lnb and seem to have no problem finding the sats. When Dish programing was all on one sat I had no problem finding a signa but when dish switched to 2 sats my problems started. l subscribe to the full package with all of the premium stations except for the sports package. My question is--- can I get all of my current stations from 1 sat if I switch to direct tv from dish tv to simplify setup in a campground?

I am now a dish tv user and am satisfied with my service at home but I have a camper and that is where my problem is. In some campgrounds I have no problems setting up and finding my sats. Sometimes I can't find either sat or sometimes I can get 1 of them but due to obstructions cant get the other. I have noticed that direct tv subscribers have only 1 feed horne or lnb and seem to have no problem finding the sats. When Dish programing was all on one sat I had no problem finding a signa but when dish switched to 2 sats my problems started. l subscribe to the full package with all of the premium stations except for the sports package. My question is--- can I get all of my current stations from 1 sat if I switch to direct tv from dish tv to simplify setup in a campground?

If you are talking sd, then yes, you can get all channels from one basic dish, except local channels in many markets, since they are on the 119 sat and the 101 sat carries the main channels. If you are referring to hd, then a 3 lnb Slimline dish will get all of the channels, but they are a bit tricky to set up if you have never done one before.

I'm sure if you post your zip code, someone here can tell you where to look, or even look for you, to find out what satellite your locals come off of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)