Swtch error Dish 301

mardebo

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I have a DPP 500 dish and LNBF at my second residence with a 301 reciever and a 501 DVR reciever. I could only watch the same sat (110 or 119) that the 501 was tuned to or I got the error code "switch error". In an effort to correct this, I ran a check switch on the 301 and got a message saying changes had been detected and did I want to save the changes. When I did save the changes, the reciever will now recognize only one Satellite at a time (110 or 119) and it just purges all channels on the other one. I believe the check switch may be a bad LNBF but how do I get the 301 back to the way it was? I tried unplugging and re-booting and restoring factory defults and removing the smart card and replacing.

Do you have a separate line run from the dish to each receiver, or are you using a separator to connect both receivers with 1 line off the dish? You must have 1 line from the dish to each receiver.

Running a "check switch" with both 110 and 119 satellites recognized will be the only way to get it working properly. Do you have solid single runs of RG6 cable from the LNBF to each receiver with no breaks? If yes, try switching your cables at the LNBF and see if the problem changes to your 501. I assume your 501 is working properly and gets channels from both 110 and 119?

I had the lines from the dish combined to one. It (the 301) recognized both satellites before, but now will only do one at a time and when I run the check switch it says "warning, only one satellite recognized" when it didn't do that before. The 501 works fine and if I have it set on a channel from 119 when I power up the 301, it will recognize 119 only. If I have the 501 set to a 110 channel when I power up the 301...it get's those channels only. It used to recognize both before I ran the check switch and saved the new results. Is there a way to get it back to recognizing both?

A dish pro LNBF will have at least 2 outputs for you. Run another RG6 coax from the unused output from your LNBF to your second receiver, then perform another "check switch". After that, you will be back in business!

so there is no way to do it with just one co-ax eh? Why did it recieve both 119 and 110 before? Would a different reciever work? Thanks for the help so far!

You must have a gold T splitter on the line.

The 501 is steering the switch inside the LNB. With it still connected, it is determining the satellite you receive. Since the 301 now has no control over the LNB, it is defaulting to picking up just the one that the 501 is tuning. You can unplug the 501 and run a checkswitch on the 301 and you'll get both satellites back. However, you are going to trash both receivers eventually. Get rid of the splitter.

Keep in mind the 301 remembers the result of the last check switch, and displays that result when you pull up the check switch. Not until after you perform another check will it display the correct reading from it's current installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts