Syfy 's ‘The Expanse’

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Syfy continues to aggressively build its original slate with a 10-episode order to The Expanse, a series based on James S.A. Corey’s series of novels. The project, which received a straight-to-series order in a competitive situation, is in the space opera genre in the tradition of Battlestar Galactica that Syfy brass had been looking to bring back to the network.

deadline.com

The books are on my To-Read list. May have to move them up the list. The fourth in The Expanse series is due in June.

Just finished another James S.A. Corey book called Honor Among Thieves, a Star Wars book set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

Thomas Jane to Star in Syfy's 'The Expanse'

Syfy's Leviathan Wakes adaptation The Expanse has cast its leading man.

Hung alum Thomas Jane has nabbed the starring role in the cable network's adaptation of James S.A. Corey's Leviathan Wakes book series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The drama is described as a thriller set 200 years in the future and follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective (Jane) and a rogue ship's captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

Three-time Golden Globe nominee Jane will play the world-weary Miller, a native of "the Asteroid Belt" between Mars and Jupiter. Miller is a detective for a corporate security force operating as the law in the Belt. Ragged, in search of something even he can't identify, Miller remains a dedicated cop with great instincts who discovers a newfound sense of purpose when he’s put in charge of the investigation into a missing heiress.

hollywoodreporter.com

Syfy Is Finally Venturing Back Into Space http://www.wired.com/2015/09/geeks-guide-syfy-space/
Sci-fi TV is supposed to be about boldly going where no one has gone before, but in recent years networks have all but abandoned stories of humanity’s future among the stars. It’s been a dark time for sci-fi fans like screenwriter Rafael Jordan.“A decade ago, between the Syfy channel and other networks, we had Farscape, Firefly, all the different incarnations of Stargate, Star Trek: Enterprise, even Andromeda,” Jordan says in Episode 167 of the Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast. “And then after Battlestar and Caprica, we just had nothing for a few years.”But that’s starting to change. This summer the Syfy network released two new space adventure shows: Killjoys, about a trio of spacefaring bounty hunters, and Dark Matter, about a starship crew who wake from hypersleep with no memory of who they are. The new shows are a welcome development to Andrew Liptak, weekend editor of io9.“They’re not what we call ‘A’ TV, the really high-concept, story-driven stuff,” he says. “This is more of ‘a small group of people going into space and getting into weekly adventures.’ That’s what I really like, and that’s what I’ve really missed.”For years Syfy has been listless, moving away from core sci-fi shows in favor of a hodgepodge lineup full of gimmicks and trend-chasing. That looks set to change under new network head Bill McGoldrick, who’s betting big that their next space adventure show, The Expanse, will replicate the success of the critically-acclaimed Battlestar Galactica.
....Thanks for moving it and sorry for the mistake i appreciate you moving to correct spot and wasn't sure where to put it!! :)

Last edited:
I watched it. You have to pay attention or you can get lost as they set situations up and introduce the cast. The first episode follows the book fairly close, and there are more than one story lines going on.

I watched it. You have to pay attention or you can get lost as they set situations up and introduce the cast. The first episode follows the book fairly close, and there are more than one story lines going on.

You got that right. I ended up watching it on YouTube last night after I realized I can't record the premiere of the pilot on TV on Monday with two other recordings already set for that time (Fargo and Legends). I should've just found a replay to record or waited for On Demand, as I had a bit of trouble hearing and understanding some dialogue during the Ceres segments with the Thomas Jane character in the YouTube stream, watching via my PS3. I'll probably go back and watch the opening 15-20 minutes at some point this week as the closed captioning on my YouTube app wasn't working properly.

At any rate, it's off to a very promising, albeit slow and somewhat muddled start. I'm definitely interested in the universe it sets up. I'm just bummed that the
Kristen Hager character (the blond girlfriend of the interim XO) and the Jonathan Banks character were offed so early :(

Watched the whole season on Sunday and I really enjoyed it. Pretty faithful to the books so far. The show creators said they have rearranged the story a bit for TV. Too bad have to wait until fall or winter for the next installment.

Three shows into the second season. I almost forgot about this until I noticed that my Hopper 3 was putting the episodes in my DVR's root folder instead of the SciFi folder I had set up last year.

I'm recording the season again for a power-watch sometime later. Probably re-watch season one first as well.

The book series is now up to six novels and four novellas plus another novel on the way this year.

Season 3 returns on April 11.

Just finished the most recent novel in the series. Have to wonder if Syfy will stick with it long enough to complete the story, which is not complete yet.

I need to watch Season 2 again. Probably record all of season 3 before watching.

Reactions: Foxbat
The new season is available on the SyFy App if you you aren't watching via a timer or live. I've missed this show! It's back and as good as ever!
(Easter Egg: check out the livery on the "Razorback" ;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)