Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Anyone know why the commercials on SyFy start momentarily with one commercial and then suddenly switch to another or why some commercials will blast you out of the room? When I watch SyFy on DirecTV at a hotel, none of that happens.

Reminds me when I used to get Fox News from NPS, there was this one commercial with a loudmouthed guy who was approaching the camera and pointing at you. Then just as he was about to open his mouth to say something bam another commercial was spliced in over him...always gave me a chuckle when that happens. Seemed like they were shutting him up :)

Some companies really mess up Ad Insertion - you'd think they'd get that sorted out!

On the issue of loud commercials, that's a whole other hot potato - something people have been campaigning about for some time. The idea, naturally is to grab your attention - or make you hit your mute button :)

Personally, I have a VLC gizmo that balances the audio to a norm (think Auto Level Recording Level for tape decks) - perfect for network channels!

Last edited:
I hope they get it fixed. I wonder if it's worth my time to send them a complaint. I sent them an inquiry 2 months ago about adifferent matter and never got a reply.

Anyway, despite the crummy ad presentations, I'm looking forward to the next season of StarGate Universe. I guess Rush won't be coming back since they marooned him but with scifi you never know. But, I hope it won't be as boring as the first season. Of course, the loud commercials will wake me up.

I hope they get it fixed. I wonder if it's worth my time to send them a complaint. I sent them an inquiry 2 months ago about adifferent matter and never got a reply.

Anyway, despite the crummy ad presentations, I'm looking forward to the next season of StarGate Universe. I guess Rush won't be coming back since they marooned him but with scifi you never know. But, I hope it won't be as boring as the first season. Of course, the loud commercials will wake me up.

You mean if SGU does come back on, and I am hoping it is not as boring as last season also, have you herd anything about when the new season is supposed to start?
Terry

My audio is noticably lower on SyFi than the DVB or OTA channels. I have to turn it up considerably to be at the same volume. It's always been that way.

I noticed several drops in Q, down to pix'ing a night or 2 ago on 642. I dont know if it was just that channel, the whole TP, the whole bird, my 922 or what. Was no wind or rain, clear night, and dish peaked at 99Q. It's happened a few times before in the recent passed. Anyone else notice any glitches on 642 or any of the AMC18 TPs recently?

RE- SGU
Ah, but are you forgetting that he was marooned on a planet that has a shipwrecked alien ship. He's pretty sharp ya know.
Plus, as a paranoid genius type, would he rig Destiny to do, or not do something if he didnt return as insurance? I would. (As a writer, not a paranoid genius type....:p) He knows the Colonel doesnt like him, and he clearly know more about how the system works than he is letting on.
As long as Eli doesnt pick up on it he's got the rest of them spoofed.

While we are on SyFy....RE Caprica........
Talk about moving sloooowwwwww.....:rolleyes:
so...... Bill Adama was a Hood Rat/Gangbanger in his youth? Jeeez!

It's not just SyFy. I noticed it on History and HGTV also.

They even insert commercials while the program is running. I was watching American Pickers recently and a few minutes into the program, some acne cream commercial started. I switched over to AMC4 on the other FTA feed and the program was running.

What's even more annoying to me is the trend of intrusive graphics popping up over the programming.

I think if it wasn't for the SG series, and some of the movies that they show on weekends I wouldn't get syfy, I realy don't care much for the movies that they make, or there series' .
I sgu is starting again on April 2, as slow as it is I guess I will turn in just to see if the marooned professor does have a plan...I am sure he does, can't imagine they would just drop him from the show.

The sound on my TV for syfy is way low as well, I thought it was something with my system, glad to hear others have it too,misery love company you know.
Terry

The sound on my TV for syfy is way low as well, I thought it was something with my system, glad to hear others have it too,misery love company you know.
Terry

Quite a few of the HITS channels on W5 audio level is low. If your hooked to a A/V receiver with some power it's not a big issue. If your running it to a tv it can be quite low. If your using a tv make sure your audio in the 4D or 410 is set up for TV not HiFi that will boost it up.

You mean if SGU does come back on, and I am hoping it is not as boring as last season also, have you herd anything about when the new season is supposed to start?
Terry

I believe the new season of SGU is April 2 but they're showing it as season 1 at syfy.com. But, I did see on the SyFy channel that the new season starts in April.

Yeah I seen an add that said it started on the 2nd, I think the finally was a "Mid season Finally", SyFy is the only channel that I know that has Mid season finallys.
Terry

The one thing I still can't figure out is what the heck WWE has to do with Syfy programming and I do agree that SGU had really gotten to be boring as it just doesn't seem to have a good story line as compared to other shows. With hope maybe it will improve this season. Personally I think Star Trek: Enterprise has the best story line on satellite right now.

The one thing I still can't figure out is what the heck WWE has to do with Syfy programming and I do agree that SGU had really gotten to be boring as it just doesn't seem to have a good story line as compared to other shows. With hope maybe it will improve this season. Personally I think Star Trek: Enterprise has the best story line on satellite right now.

I liked Enterprise. It's a shame they pulled the plug on it though. Just when the plot was starting to get good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)