Syracuse basketball aide placed on leave as police investigate sex abuse claims; Boeheim issues deni

I will take a "wait and see" approach with this, but like the Catholic Church, like Penn State, where there is smoke, there is usually fire. Stay tuned........
This is just smoke..the "big one" will be the "gambleing scandal"

I will take a "wait and see" approach with this, but like the Catholic Church, like Penn State, where there is smoke, there is usually fire. Stay tuned........

Then say "wait and see"...do not sit there and automatically ASSUME he is a pedofile when there is no history there....

I will DEFINATELY stand by Bernie Fine until proven other wise. There is NO HISTORY of this behavior.

Then say "wait and see"...do not sit there and automatically ASSUME he is a pedofile when there is no history there....

I will DEFINATELY stand by Bernie Fine until proven other wise. There is NO HISTORY of this behavior.

Does this mean you're "standing by Sandusky" until proven otherwise? As of now, he's yet to go through a court hearing.

Does this mean you're "standing by Sandusky" until proven otherwise? As of now, he's yet to go through a court hearing.

There is HISTORY of Sandusky doing what he did. He was "fired" for what he was accused of...There have been multiple victims...the count is ATLEAST 7 and counting and he was arrested for this as well as indicted by a grand jury. When the allegations 1st came up against Fine back in 2005...he was never indicted, never arrested and there were no victims but the accuser and the university also conducted and investigation where NONE of the witnesses that the accusser said would vouch for his story...they all said nothing happened.

BIG difference between Sandusky and Fine....

In a court of law, Sandusky is innocent till proven guilty...my MY opinion...they are nowhere near the same....

Syracuse was making "noise" about not wanting to play Penn State at the meadowlands (because of the scandal) ..this is simply "payback"

Is it documented that Sandusky was fired for molesting young boys? I didn't see that. At this point Sandusky has been convicted of nothing.

Sandra

It was in the grandjury report that when Paterno got wind of what 4 victims had already reported, he told Sandusky he would not be retained as a coach, therefore Sandusky stated he would retire. Call it what you want....

he admitted he should not have "showered" with them (on a tv interview)

That was last week. Salsadancer said Sandusky was fired in 1999 for molesting young boys. There is nothing official that says that. In fact, Sandusky 'retired'...he was never fired at all.

Sandra

It was in the grandjury report that when Paterno got wind of what 4 victims had already reported, he told Sandusky he would not be retained as a coach, therefore Sandusky stated he would retire. Call it what you want....

True, nobody knows for sure...it's all conjecture at this point.

But you cannot say with any certainty that Sandusky was fired. I read that someone said Sandusky may have 'retired' so he had more time for Second Mile...and more time for little boys. Who knows.

Sandra

True...it's all conjecture at this point. But you cannot say with any certainty that Sandusky was fired. I read that someone said Sandusky may have 'retired' so he had more time for Second Mile...and more time for little boys. Who knows.

Sandra

His OFFICIAL quote was for more time for Second Mile. Yeah...whatever. He was to be next in line to be THE Penn State coach and EVERYONE knew that. You do not retire when you are THE main man to take over a legend like Paterno. He was asked to leave ...or not comeback, same difference.

His OFFICIAL quote was for more time for Second Mile. Yeah...whatever. He was to be next in line to be THE Penn State coach and EVERYONE knew that. You do not retire when you are THE main man to take over a legend like Paterno. He was asked to leave ...or not comeback, same difference.

Your opinion is certainly possible.

Sandra

ANYWAY...fluff aside, as much as the grand jury report on Sandusky made me literally nauseous, it does have to be said that he has so far been convicted of nothing. Hopefully the truth will come out and that will change.

Sandra

ANYWAY...fluff aside, as much as the grand jury report on Sandusky made me literally nauseous, it does have to be said that he has so far been convicted of nothing. Hopefully the truth will come out and that will change.

Sandra
He's since admitted to enough to eventually convict of the "lesser" charges, now he's simply denying the more egregious charges that could put him away for a long time...

He's since admitted to enough to eventually convict of the "lesser" charges, now he's simply denying the more egregious charges that could put him away for a long time...

Oh, I totally agree cosmo. The point I was making that was lost is that there is nothing 'official' that states Sandusky was fired in 1999 for molesting young boys. That's the statement I was calling out.

Sandra

Knew all about that....good link.

THIS, from the same link above, says it all:

We decided a couple of things early on: We would not confront Fine with the accusations until and unless we had enough to publish; and to have enough to publish, we needed substantial corroboration of Davis’s account or another accuser. Unlike the case in Penn State, there was no grand jury hearing evidence, no law enforcement investigation of any kind going on that we could determine, no criminal charges about to be leveled. We were on our own. Whatever we published would be outside the realm of officialdom. We had to get it right in every way.

For months, the reporters stayed in touch with Davis when he returned to Syracuse and when he was back in Utah, poring over names and dates and details and pinning down every fact that was checkable. Davis pointed them toward other men he suspected might have been molested by Fine. The reporters talked to each of them. None told the story that Davis had told us.

By the spring of 2003, we decided to pull together in narrative form what had been reported and see what we had: Yes, Davis had a close relationship with Fine, had stayed at his house, traveled with him and been a ballboy for the SU team. No, none of the other men Davis thought might have had similar encounters with Fine revealed anything of the kind. The Syracuse Police Department at the time had commenced no investigation. Months of reporting had yielded no substantial corroboration.

The reporters culled from their notes a draft summation of what they had found. We convened a story meeting with about 10 reporters and editors. We examined the findings and concluded that we had not met our threshold for publication.

We decided to curtail the investigation, keep in touch with Davis and resume reporting on it in earnest if another accuser or new information emerged.

Davis then took his story to ESPN. Their reporters looked into it in 2003, and reached the same conclusion we had reached: There was not enough evidence to justify publication.

Fast forward to late fall 2011. The Penn State scandal erupts. Davis, energized by that scandal, reiterates his account to ESPN. This time, a second accuser comes forward — a stepbrother of Davis’s, someone we had interviewed in 2003. This time, ESPN goes with the story. This time, police initiate an investigation.

This time, we still have some distance to travel before we discover what’s patently true and false.

Michael J. Connor is executive editor of The Post-Standard.

...and THERE, is the huge difference between Sandusky and Fine.

I don't feeling like reading all that, so that answer to this may or may not be in there...did police say why there are opening an investigation now, when they previously had decided not to?

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)