System issues

cameron119

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I am having a problem with my Voom equipment. The rain has been pretty bad today, having reduced my signal quality to 50. Our power went out, and when it was restored whenever I look in "tune satellite signal" the EMM Provider is highlighted in red.

Does this indicate the IRD has lost authorization or would the EMM be red if the signal was under acceptable?

In "system status" authorization is "n/a". It has always been SWO. My box has lost authorization before due to power outage, however It's always been quite clear, displaying the message, "your receiver is not authorized."

Edit: I reset the box and now it does clearly say "receiver not authorized" which is what I expected. No hits have refreshed it...how much signal is required to hit the box to reauthorize it? Right now my signal is down to 47-50 (new software) due to weather. I normally lose picture in the low 70's high 60's.

Still nothing as far as authorization...signal quality is now hovering in the low 60's as the weather clears up a bit.

Yes. The signal strength at the time was in the low 50's, high 40's (new software). Perhaps the box didn't "see" the hits?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)