System Update Complete

Just went through the server and things appear to be running fine, in fact our speed numbers are a little better than normal.

That has me wondering if its a CDN issue or a backend proxy issue. Both are "Supposed" to make the site faster, but I know the CDN in Chicago has been having off and on issues for a few weeks now.

I could try turning off the CDN and see if that helps. Also the backend proxy is using XGINX which was updated a few weeks ago. Not sure if that automatic update caused any issues. But I can turn that off as well if need be. I am keeping an eye on it.

BTW on the blueline after submit for a second or two I am told is normal. I don't know why its normal as I don't remember that until recently.

For our Pub Members and supporters, I have added our page generation information at the bottom of each page. So you can see how long its taking for each page to be made for you. When these numbers look good and you are having speed issues then its not our main server with the issue.

I am interested in this as I want to see where the problem is, for me the site is FLYING right now. Which again has me leaning to a CDN issue.

Of what fun trying to figure out things like these.

For our Pub Members and supporters, I have added our page generation information at the bottom of each page. So you can see how long its taking for each page to be made for you. When these numbers look good and you are having speed issues then its not our main server with the issue.

I am interested in this as I want to see where the problem is, for me the site is FLYING right now. Which again has me leaning to a CDN issue.

Of what fun trying to figure out things like these.
Excellent! Thanks! :)

Here’s what I got coming to this page the first time:
This page was generated in 0.1993s Queries 45 Memory 11.11MB

Reloading the page dropped the generation time to .1252s, same # of queries.

Your internet speed does not matter, the number you see if the amount of time it takes for the server to generate the page. However it takes to download the page is a different thing.

So if you are seeing good speeds in the generation time but it feels slow, then there is something else going on... such as slow a slow CDN server in your area, an internet backbone issue somewhere, or possibly something with our own reverse proxy server ( have ways of seeing the performance there, unfortunately it does not tie in so you can see it in the forum software.

Now you guys see why I have not much hair left on top. :D

Headboards & thighs caused my loss!!
You Know It GIF by MOODMAN
:)

• Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell
Your internet speed does not matter, the number you see if the amount of time it takes for the server to generate the page. However it takes to download the page is a different thing.

So if you are seeing good speeds in the generation time but it feels slow, then there is something else going on... such as slow a slow CDN server in your area, an internet backbone issue somewhere, or possibly something with our own reverse proxy server ( have ways of seeing the performance there, unfortunately it does not tie in so you can see it in the forum software.

Now you guys see why I have not much hair left on top. :D
Where is the generation speed info? I don't see it anyplace.

KE4EST here is a pic of the bottom of SatGuys forum page from my laptop Chrome browser. I don't see generation info.

Attachments

• Web Page Generation.jpg
    Web Page Generation.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 134