Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
In a surprise move vBulletin late last night released the first vBulletin update to the 4.2 series in over a year.

I am now working on updating us to this latest version, and because of this the site will be unavailable for a few minutes.

Thank you for your understanding!

No problem Scott,glad they finally decided to update 4.2.

riffjims avatar is blank but,I'm guessing it's on his end.:D

His has been blank since last week, in our security sweep they found a number of avatars that were "bad" and were removed automatically.

Don't know what made it bad, but they needed to do what they needed to do to make sure the site was secure. :)

Here is a list of whats updated... (Note the "Band Aid" for the IE 10 fix... I wish they would really fix it!)

vBulletin 4.2.1 is a maintenance release focused on user requested improvements to the Activity Stream and Navigation Manager functionality introduced in vBulletin 4.2, high impact bug fixes to user voted Jiras, and MAPI bug fixes/improvements necessary for Mobile Suite 1.4.

The release contains:
  • IE 10 Compatibility - VBIV-15679 (Instructs IE10 to render vB4 pages using IE9 compatibility mode.)
  • Activity Stream: Forum Sidebar - VBIV-15099
  • Activity Stream: CMS Widget - VBIV-15353
  • Navigation Manager: Add option for tab to be a drop down menu - VBIV-15023
  • Activity Stream: Dynamic population of new content - VBIV-15095
  • Allow a target to be set in the Navigation manager URL - VBIV-14981
  • Change maximum allowed activity stream Items Per Page to 150 (from 30) - VBIV-15089
  • 20 issues were fixed in preparation for Mobile Suite 1.4, which will be released soon and supports iOS6.
  • 120 bug fixes selected based on user impact/votes.

vBulletin 4.2.1 contains a total of 143 bug fixes, improvement requests, and feature requests. A full list of these changes can be found - HERE.

Not seeing any problems here.

Here is a list of whats updated... (Note the "Band Aid" for the IE 10 fix... I wish they would really fix it!)

vBulletin 4.2.1 is a maintenance release focused on user requested improvements to the Activity Stream and Navigation Manager functionality introduced in vBulletin 4.2, high impact bug fixes to user voted Jiras, and MAPI bug fixes/improvements necessary for Mobile Suite 1.4.

The release contains:

• [*]IE 10 Compatibility - VBIV-15679 (Instructs IE10 to render vB4 pages using IE9 compatibility mode.)
  • Activity Stream: Forum Sidebar - VBIV-15099
  • Activity Stream: CMS Widget - VBIV-15353
  • Navigation Manager: Add option for tab to be a drop down menu - VBIV-15023
  • Activity Stream: Dynamic population of new content - VBIV-15095
  • Allow a target to be set in the Navigation manager URL - VBIV-14981
  • Change maximum allowed activity stream Items Per Page to 150 (from 30) - VBIV-15089
  • 20 issues were fixed in preparation for Mobile Suite 1.4, which will be released soon and supports iOS6.
  • 120 bug fixes selected based on user impact/votes.

vBulletin 4.2.1 contains a total of 143 bug fixes, improvement requests, and feature requests. A full list of these changes can be found - HERE.
That's not a fix. I can do that on my end under IE10 Tools/Compatibility Settings. I still have to use the paper clip under the advanced settings tab to upload images. Lame poor work around is all that update is. They have a really good product, it's a shame they do not maintain it like they should.

I've had some erratic activity using back arrow either completely leave site or act like it's ignoring the command. Most of the time though it works correctly

I have a weird glitch. In the FTA forums I notice when first loading a page, the blue bar "normal threads" is stuck in the right hand margin halfway down the "sticky threads" section. There will be a white field where the blue bar belongs. When I scroll down the page the "normal threads bar" pops into position and remains there. Happens every time I open a page. Running IE 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)