System Updates

Site is pretty responsive right now, but whenever I hit the post button, it's a 15-20sec lag before it actually submits. Probably part of the re-indexing, but just a heads up.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Scott, do you think this might be a symptom of all the Server work that was done today? Many of the pictures Ilya took down in Boca Chica at the Starbase show up like this:
1710386852732.png
I’m not sure a delete cache would clear this up as these images shouldn’t be cache on my browser.

And when I just posted, my image is likewise showing the little blue square with a question mark.

edit two minutes later, now it shows up. I am trying Ilya’s posts over in the Pub again…

Was probably due to caching.

Also I woke up this morning and our DNS servers were set back to the ISP's DNS servers. (grrr) yesterday their servers were having issues. I have a ticket in with them now to figure out how to prevent their automation from resetting the resolvers on the servers back to default.

I am working on something now... we use Elasticsearch for your search engine, and currently it is using 196.99% of the CPU. We are running version 7.17.11 and the latest is 8.12. I am checking if our Xenforo plugins which use the ElasticSearch works with version 8. So far everything I am seeing is saying use version 7.

Ok found out from our host that the server automatics replaces the resolv.conf file regularly and uses its name servers.

I was instructed to set up the file with the name servers I wanted to use and set the resolv.conf file as immutable and that will prevent things from changing back.