System Work in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also noticed in Safari that when I post after uploading picture(s) that it never displays the entry. The little Cylon eye at the upper right just cycles and cycles. If I refresh the screen, I can see my post. And after that, I've seen the same thumbnail displays, then disappears.

I've also noticed in Safari that when I post after uploading picture(s) that it never displays the entry. The little Cylon eye at the upper right just cycles and cycles. If I refresh the screen, I can see my post. And after that, I've seen the same thumbnail displays, then disappears.
Does the same here and does it if I hit like. Just sit there and cycles over and over. I can refresh and see my like or pic has been posted. If I hit post again on posting it still does it, but double posts.

I can't login via Chrome and Safari. When I try to login I get sent back to the initial satellite guys.us screen and the Login button is still showing. Haven't tried I.E. though. I can login in fine via the iOS APP.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Yeah it is a strange one... as that code in the templates did not change at all. :(

Another ticket submitted.

Here is the kicker this release has been out for a few weeks and I waited for them to get the bugs out of it before installing it.

No good deed goes un-punished. - BJ Hunnicutt 4077 MASH

Reactions: Jimbo and Foxbat
scratch that...

I was just looking at another thread clicked on a pic, it displayed fine then after about 20 second it went away. If I click on that thumbnail again I see the full size pic NOT in the shadow box.
It's doing it on Pale Moon 26.3.3 (a fork of Firefox). If I click on a thumbnail it will display for a few seconds and then disappear, however, I can do that repeatedly and the shadow box stays on the screen, it doesn't disappear.

Log in issue is still alive and well, or maybe better stated still ugly and causing problems. I wouldn't of caught how to log in, if I hadn't taken a minute went into this section as a visitor.

Also, last night had weird one. Logged in and it came back as I was logged in, as someone else. Is this a bug in software or a timing issue when handing back a response? Thought I ought to mention it.

Support tells me it is something to do with caching...

I have just cleared all of our caches again... Let me know if that helps.

OK, here's a new one that just cropped up. Note the titles are missing for some of the threads.

sgf-1.jpg~original

Well folks...

The support folks said that it was possible our issues were caused by the automatic merging of templates that happens on system upgrades. So I went through the SatelliteGuys Default Looks and reverted all templates. Doing this took out all customization's I made including removing the majority of ads shown.

In doing this with all the templates reverted the problems STILL exist.

I went and created a new style called XENFORO DEFAULT, this uses the default Xenforo template system... with this new style, everything works as it should. So this tells me the issue is with the UI.X style system which SatelliteGuys uses.

I have put in a ticket with the UI.X folks and hopefully they can fix it.

For those who want to use the XENFORO DEFAULT style until this is fixed you are welcome to do so. You can select the XENFORO DEFAULT style from the style chooser on the bottom left of the page or by using the style chooser found at http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/account/preferences

Thanks for your patience. For you non pub members enjoy less ads for the next day or so... you can feel how fast the site really is with most of those ad gone. :)

I haven't heard from UI.X support yet... so I have re imported the default UI.X style again and uploaded all files for it as well.

In addition as I type this I am uploading all the XENFORO files to the servers, just making sure the automated upgrade system did not miss something.

Update... so uploaded everything again. Cleared all the caches and tested... and the issues ONLY happen in the SatelliteGuys Default and SatelliteGuys Dark styles which are UI.X based styles.

Everything works great under the other non UI.X styles...

So again I wait for UI.X support. :)

Reactions: STDog
Yup about the only thing that that is not fixed now is the LightBox when viewing thumbnails. While viewing photos in the lightbox, it just goes poof and disappears. Works fine in all the other skins.

I try the other skins once in a while but always come back to the default, which is best :) Probably why it's the default ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts