Tailgateing

FireDog384

Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
I am trying to get a Dish rcvr 381 to work for tailgate....I have a Winegard 9046 portable dish that I am using w/ the rcvr...I cant find a signal. Is it b/c I need to replace the lnb w/ a Dish Network lnb?? The lnb on there says it work w/ directv but nothing about Dish....Is ther any thing I need to do w/ the rcvr or am I just not find the Sat...I am just trying to find 119...Thanx

most likely problem is your not finding the sat this dish only has a 8" dish everything has to be perfect to find the signal
with a small dish like that

I use the sidekick when camping I found it to be the best and easiest
to set up for the price of your Wineguard on e-bay you can buy the sidekick
which you can mount a anysize dish which has a larger footprint then your 8"

I've installed a Dish 300,500, 1000 and a DirecTV oval three way on it

I presenly use a Dish 1000 on it and hit all three sats within minutes I always draw a crowd when I pull out my dish!

100_0141.JPG

100_0139.jpg

I use to be a Dish retailer so I have my installation tools but check out these tools at camping world
I'm suggesting to get installation tools if you are going to be doing this alot it makes it a whole lot easier you can google Satallite installation tools to find more only using these as reference

installers use sat finders as in the first picture to make sure you have a clear shot at sat without anything in the way secondly hook up a meter at the dish that way you know your signal is peeked before you even hook up your receiver

Pratice getting your signial before you go to an event once you get some experence it'll be a snap making your tailgating event much nore enjoyable

only other advice is to make sure everything is LEVEL

Hope some of this advice helps enjoy your tailgating

sat.jpg

View attachment meter.bmp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)