Tailgater on Hopper accounts in the future

Does that mean "make the Hopper control the Tailgater", or rather "add the 211 to a Hopper account?"

I got the impression that they would be allowing a 211k on the Hopper account for Tailgaters.

Their whole reasoning for not allowing it now is to avoid confusion for Dish and the customer in the future. Most people don't realize what type of equipment they have. When they run into a issue and call Dish, there is going to be some confusion as to what problem is with what equipment. Dish wants to keep the accounts consistant. It does make some sense to me but Dish already has enough confusion now with the mass amount of different receivers out there.

After team summit they received a number of complaints from retailers wondering why we can't have a Hopper and Tailgater with the 211k. It seems like they heard us and are now trying to see if they can make it work.

Wow,a $99.00 Tailgater dish would work great for me since all I have is "yesterday's technology," 2 ViP722k's 7 1 ViP211k.

The Tailgater is offered to retailers for a one time discounted price of $99 so we can demo it at our stores. Showroom accounts are allowed to have a Hopper with a Joey and one Vip receiver. I see no reason why a retailer wouldn't take advantage of this. We already have a Tailgater but I'm going to get another for that price.

The Tailgater is offered to retailers for a one time discounted price of $99 so we can demo it at our stores. Showroom accounts are allowed to have a Hopper with a Joey and one Vip receiver. I see no reason why a retailer wouldn't take advantage of this. We already have a Tailgater but I'm going to get another for that price.
I can see the reasoning though. Why take up space for something that can't be matched up with the newest system that is being pushed very hard? The more H/J systems a retailer sells, the less likely it will be to move Tailgaters.

Their whole reasoning for not allowing it now is to avoid confusion for Dish and the customer in the future. Most people don't realize what type of equipment they have. When they run into a issue and call Dish, there is going to be some confusion as to what problem is with what equipment. Dish wants to keep the accounts consistant. It does make some sense to me but Dish already has enough confusion now with the mass amount of different receivers out there.

Yet another brain-dead excuse out of Dish! So... Confusion over where the problem lies is reduced by having 2 accounts? :rolleyes: I expect there is already tremendous confusion about where the problem lies with the Hopper/Joey system all by itself. VIP receivers are simple by comparison.

Yet another brain-dead excuse out of Dish! So... Confusion over where the problem lies is reduced by having 2 accounts? :rolleyes: I expect there is already tremendous confusion about where the problem lies with the Hopper/Joey system all by itself. VIP receivers are simple by comparison.

I agree with that except for the complexity of H/J. It's really not all that complicated (for me, anyway.)

I should note that that special was ONLY for retailers who were at Team Summit. It is not a general offer to everyone.

Well that sucks for us regular folk :(. While I understand the rationale,it's still unfair:rant:.

They probably want separate tailgater accounts so they can boost their subscriber numbers and to be able to count 1 customer as 2.

It's the same reason why they started charging dealers $60 for their showroom demo accounts, so they can count then as an actual subscriber.

For a company that is loosing subscribers on a consistent basis, this does not surprise me.

I think the reason why they are doing this is because they offered everyone at Team Summit their own Tailgater for $99 as a bonus for going to Team Summit and almost no one took them up on the offer. When they were walking around asking people what they thought most of them voiced their displeasure of having to have a separate account for the Tailgater when you have a Hopper setup.

I think they were expecting to move a lot of the Tailgaters at Team Summit and instead hardly moved any.

And I think now they know why. :)
That's just too beautiful!

I would have paid thousands to have been there just to see the expressions on the faces of those top floor business "geniuses".

Of course true to their bottom-feeding form, they will no doubt will soon announce that this tailgating exception only applies to 211's if the customer can prove he owns a Tailgater and swears to never turn it on when it's within 5 miles of the hopper.

(And then they will establish a "reverse stacking" police squad to make random drive by checks to make sure no Tailgater is outside with a southern view while in the vicinity of the hopper household.)

Gosh, I hate Dish management. Can you tell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)