DISH got me!

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Despite my best efforts to stay on my grandfathered "no locals" plan, DISH finally stuck it to me today. I had passed up free programming promos, and the Sling "free after rebate" promo because I was told accepting those would switch me to a locals included plan.

So who would've guessed that replacing a receiver with one that I purchased myself would jack up my Top 250 plan $5. :mad:

It wouldn't bother me so much if the locals consisted of more than SD CBS, and HD PBS + NBC. No FOX or ABC at all . . .

I've had DISH since '97 and have usually been happy with the service, but sometimes you have to wonder about some of their policies.

Well, I'm grandfathered, and I figure if I shift to H/J late this summer, I'll lose mine too. I try to focus on: "It was good while it lasted."

Funny thing is, with the end of Desperate Housewives, we don't watch ANY regular network programming!

But my MiL, when she visits, likes the local channels. Which we get OTA via a DTVPAL on the TV she uses.

<sigh>

I get about 40 locals including 7 or 8 in HD via Comcast, which is also my internet provider.

Talk to a DIRT member, I know first hand Dish does give credit for missing locals. I can't of course say in all cases, but they do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts