tailgater problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is that the one where it stays locked on one satellite position if you use it in dual mode?

The receiver connected to the main output controls the dish movement. The receiver connected to the aux output can watch any channel beamed from the satellite the dish is currently locked on. Instead of the previous single lnbf, it has a Legacy dual lnbf installed.

Reactions: pattykay
well i finally contacted king about the tailgater and thought they would be as bad as dish. but boy was i wrong! with the rep i had which listened to my problem and then started to walk me through the setup and at one point we waited for 20 min on each receiver and he stayed right with me the hole time. and when i got off the phone with him i was all setup with my wally and the 211z , which both were on at the same time and working great !--------- now why i didn't do this sooner i would like to know!!!!!!!!!!!! and i didn't have to change my setup at all, the whole problem was in both receiver and the way they were setup.
kudo"s to the tech from king !

PROBLEM SOLVED!

If it was an issue with how they were setup, Dish wouldn’t have been able to help with that one. Support for mobile is extremely limited. It’s usually referred back to the manufacturer.

well i finally contacted king about the tailgater and thought they would be as bad as dish. but boy was i wrong! with the rep i had which listened to my problem and then started to walk me through the setup and at one point we waited for 20 min on each receiver and he stayed right with me the hole time. and when i got off the phone with him i was all setup with my wally and the 211z , which both were on at the same time and working great !--------- now why i didn't do this sooner i would like to know!!!!!!!!!!!! and i didn't have to change my setup at all, the whole problem was in both receiver and the way they were setup.
kudo"s to the tech from king !

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Can you PLEASE tell me how you got both on one dish satellite. I have the playmaker dual and no one at dish can tell me why my other receiver isn’t working. They keep telling me the second output on the satellite is a dummy and doesn’t work, but all over their website says the dual can connect 2 different receivers. WTH....

Can you PLEASE tell me how you got both on one dish satellite. I have the playmaker dual and no one at dish can tell me why my other receiver isn’t working. They keep telling me the second output on the satellite is a dummy and doesn’t work, but all over their website says the dual can connect 2 different receivers. WTH....

Have you tried calling Winegard? They make the Playmaker...

Reactions: ChadT41

If you're having no problem with the primary receiver, then it's most likely just that the 2nd receiver doesn't have the right satellites saved. Keep the 2nd receiver in the spot that it's been in, but unplug it from power. Move the RG6 between the RV and the Playmaker, so that the cable that is coming from the 2nd receiver spot is plugged in to the 'main' spot on the Playmaker. From there, plug the 2nd receiver into power and let it go through its setup. After it asks you to pick your state, it should go to a screen that says "Please wait while your switch installation is checked, currently doing test # of #." The 2nd number should not go to a number higher than 4. If it goes to something like '2 of 38', then there's likely a wiring issue specific to the line that feeds the 2nd receiver spot.

After it goes through the check switch test, if it's found what it should've, it'll go to 'acquiring signal' and then 'downloading program guide.' When it's at 'acquiring signal', you'll have access to the menu. If you do Menu>6>1>3, that'll take you to a page that'll say "System Info One" at the top of the screen. In Box 'G', you should see 119, 110, and 129 next to 'Satellite'. If you see all that, then it's going to be OK. From there, back out of all those diagnostic pages and menus, then let it complete its startup.

That receiver might still not have channels, or at least not have channels that are a part of your package. If it's been longer than 10 days since it's been actively used, it'll need an authorization signal sent out. To send said signal, you can either call in, or use the Mydish.com website to send it. After it's sent, channels are typically restored within 15 minutes.

Once it's all set, restore the RV to Playmaker cabling back to where the primary line is going to the 'Main' spot on the Playmaker, and the secondary line is going to the 'aux' spot on the Playmaker, then let the primary receiver do its startup.
From there, both receivers should be set up for your Playmaker, and have all 3 sats saved. However, you're still going to be getting signal loss messages on the 2nd receiver, depending on what channel each box is on. From the Playmaker manual:
When using a secondary receiver with the DISH® Playmaker®
antenna, the secondary receiver does not have the full function of the primary receiver. The primary receiver will determine which satellite is viewed, and the secondary receiver will need to be set up for that satellite. If the primary receiver changes to a channel on a different satellite, the secondary receiver will lose reception and need to complete setup again on the new satellite

ok i just got off the phone with them again and it went to acquiring signal the way i have it now. i’ll do what you said. it’s the least i could do after all that great info. sounds like you worked for them. also it would go back to complete signal lost again. i hit the off button on the receiver and i was able to real fast like go through the channels by holding down the down button that circles the select button.
IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0499.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)