Tailgater questions

jagowar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
I had a question about adding a tailgater system to my account....

For this year I want to add it to my current account for tailgating purposes (1H/2J) but after this year we would want to move it to a new account that my brother would control because he is wanting tv service at his house just for football season and then bring it when we tailgate (he would use the tailgater as his tv during the week). Anybody done this and are there any issues I should be aware of?

Is it easy to move a tailgater to a new account and do you just need a new card or is it more complicated?

You would be able to do that with a brand new account? Because it would be his one and only receiver. (was one of the things I was concerned about)

Also a follow question.... any reason not to use one of the etailers vs ordering directly through dish? Seems you can save about $50-80 on the tailgater package that way.

As long as the 211 is a purchased receiver you can do about whatever you want. When you are done with it you can deactivate it and give it to him. He can call Dish and set up a new account with that receiver if he does not have one already. Should be fairly simple and the DIRT members here should be able to help you out without any issues.