Take a close look at what Dish has just done to us

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
NightRyder said:
Easy solution, don't sign up!

Geez what a bunch of whiners. E* won't give me everything for free waah..waah :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NightRyder

Didn't anyone tell you? Echostar is a charity corporation.

I am so pissed off at Dish, here is an e-mail I am sending them. Believe me, I am going to stop selling their stuff.

To whom it may concern;

I have been a Dish Network customer since about 1996 and have had no problems with your service until I received a Hi-Definition TV in January. I wanted to keep Dish Network as my HD provider and decided to make an investment into getting your 811 receiver. After paying $25 shipping to get the receiver, I never received it. After dealing with customer service for about a week of them telling me that I never ordered a receiver, I decided to go with a real provider, Voom. Voom has been great, everything that your service is not.

However, Voom fell, and I have tried many times to talk to you people about getting your service again. The only thing I received from your company is frustration, in the fact that no one gives the same answer. For example, earlier today I called and asked about upgrading to a 942 receiver. The person told me that the $250 up charge is a refundable deposit. You and I both know that this is not the case. On top of things, no one can tell me what will happen when you go to mpeg 4. This means that I have to pay $250 for a box I don't own, that will be obsolete is six months. That is complete BS, but the worst part is that your company is purposely feeding misinformation to defraud customers like me. You should consider your self lucky I don't file a class action suit against you.

To tell the truth, I would have been content with the 811, however, your customer service reps have cost you a potential customer as well as damage to your representation as I work for one of your major retailers. Consider this, when the truth gets out about what a rip off your HD package is, Cable is going to look more appealing, especially since the HD receivers Comcast gives you are free. In fact, that is my decision. Cable is the only company that will give you a good deal these days. So all I can say is good bye Dish. You no longer are an appealing solution for those looking for a good deal. In fact, you are the opposite. You are a corporation content on mistruth to lure customers in. I hope all your customers cancel and Direct TV creams you in competition because that who is getting my business next.

Seth L*******

EX Dish Customer

BFG said:
It will be $5 for the package of 10 Voom Original Channels.

You have to get the Dish HD Package at $9.99 to add on the voom channels.

You have to have a dish at 61.5 to get the voom channels.

End of Story.

:) / :(

If it is only $5 more than that is a respectable price. $10 more would be too much though imho. I pray for the day that everyone around here is arguing about who has the better HD picture, when SD is a thing of the past. I really thought we'd all be watching all HD by now :no. I guess we will be when Directv gets all their new sats up. Hopefully they'll have a MUCH cheaper HD-DVR by then too.

Yes, let us take a close look at what E* has done to us. :(

Given us 10 channels of HD for 50 cents each. WTF?

And you guys are bitching about it?

C'mon, I'm one of the biggest E* bashers around here because of their POS receiver software, and here and now, I say kudos and high-fives to E* for pulling this off (assuming it really happens in the morning)!!! :up

We'll get the rest of the channels sometime down the road. IMO, we don't get them right now because of contract delays.

The only bitch I have is that I still don't have ABC, NBC, and FOX in HD, and there's no OTA here. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)