Taking Directv to the campground

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xrtfan

Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Anybody know this:
Can I take one of my receivers camping with me, I already have a dish antenna that came with the RV? If so how do I find the satellite. Do I just point it in the same direction as other campers have theirs and hope for the best, or do I need some kind of gauge? thanks

Anybody know this:
Can I take one of my receivers camping with me, I already have a dish antenna that came with the RV? If so how do I find the satellite. Do I just point it in the same direction as other campers have theirs and hope for the best, or do I need some kind of gauge? thanks

Hi... MUCH has been posted on this topic... suggest you do a search on "tailgate" and you'll find what you need. Short answer, yes it's pretty easy.:cool:

I just look at other dishes and aim same direction, then use signal meter on screen to tune it.

If no other dishes around, aim straight south then go east/west depending on what side of country you live on. Straigh south from where I live is a little less than 90 degrees, and the main D* sat is at 101 degrees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)