Taking E* dish down

Status
Please reply by conversation.

logger31

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
South Central PA
now that i am getting D* installed this week i am wondering if most installers would be willing to take down my old E* dish that i currently use without incurring a service charge.

Maybe if you ask them. Typically they don't do it without prompting; especially if it means leaving holes in your roof.

Maybe if you ask them. Typically they don't do it without prompting; especially if it means leaving holes in your roof.

i am getting my house fixed up this summer so i can deal with those holes. the holes may be from the mast of the dish. the mast base is set on the siding.

I don't install any dishes directly on the roof. Only Time I have is when the customer requested and signed off on it.

another question to add. seeing that i am getting a leased receiver has directv ever allowed the customer at the end of their subscription term to buy and keep the receiver or do they truly have to return it. It just feels kind of odd not owning one.

They did with mine after I asked. Be sure to keep the LNB's because Dish will want them back along with the receivers (if leased) and the switch.

The DTV installer sent on my job was very professional and did a good job of keeping things tidy and patching holes.

another question to add. seeing that i am getting a leased receiver has directv ever allowed the customer at the end of their subscription term to buy and keep the receiver or do they truly have to return it. It just feels kind of odd not owning one.
My initial reaction would be no. They don't want to reward anyone for leaving.

The answer is a mystery in that very few have had this opportunity as most with a marketable receiver are still under commitment. There are some with HR10s that have hinted that they didn't have to return the receiver, but the HR10 was becoming a boat anchor. I would speculate that resale on a receiver that was marked as leased would be difficult.

Just don't return it to them they will bill you full price for your used receiver.:)

Here is what I did.

When the installer came on site, I asked him. I said I know its not normal for you to take it down and he said no problem. It makes working easier for me any way as there old wires and equipment would not be in his way.

He did just lay it on the ground. Days later I noticed it there, good thing I did because Dishnetwork wanted the LNBs back. It would cost me money if I had not returned the LNBs on the end of the dishnetwork dish.

As for the end of your contract, I would not buy the box. I would then re up for the latest model. Two years from now who knows what they will have, it is the same price if you own it or lease it anyway. Who knows 2 years from now they might invent 3D TV or something strange like that. Its always good to have the latest models if you can.

Here is what I did.

When the installer came on site, I asked him. I said I know its not normal for you to take it down and he said no problem. It makes working easier for me any way as there old wires and equipment would not be in his way.

He did just lay it on the ground. Days later I noticed it there, good thing I did because Dishnetwork wanted the LNBs back. It would cost me money if I had not returned the LNBs on the end of the dishnetwork dish.

As for the end of your contract, I would not buy the box. I would then re up for the latest model. Two years from now who knows what they will have, it is the same price if you own it or lease it anyway. Who knows 2 years from now they might invent 3D TV or something strange like that. Its always good to have the latest models if you can.

what what i do with the LNB's once i took them down. what would be the address to send to.

dish will send you a box fedex and prepaid shipping labels to return the receivers and lnbs you will get the boxes when you cancel service

well when i got service with dish they made be buy the receiver and i don't know if i have to return the LNB's. I am not on a monthly commitment.

Here is what I did.

They REALLY want the LNB's back ?

Thats really odd, I see Dish Network dishes all over the place that have been shut off and the dish still sits there, LNB and all.
Do they expect teh sub to get up on the house roof and remove them ?

Many roofs I would not get up on anymore and I did quite a bit of roofing when I was young.

Jimbo

They REALLY want the LNB's back ?

Thats really odd, I see Dish Network dishes all over the place that have been shut off and the dish still sits there, LNB and all.
Do they expect teh sub to get up on the house roof and remove them ?

Many roofs I would not get up on anymore and I did quite a bit of roofing when I was young.

Jimbo

They do. One of my neighbors had Dish. When she canceled, they wanted the lnb assembly back, but the dish is still on her roof!

when i cancelled directv they told me I only had to send the leased receiver back, no cables or dish. I made sure I asked, I was like you don't want the dish back and they told me no, it's yours to keep.

when i cancelled directv they told me I only had to send the leased receiver back, no cables or dish. I made sure I asked, I was like you don't want the dish back and they told me no, it's yours to keep.

DirecTV recently put out the word to my HSP that they now want the LNB's back, also. Although this only covers when a tech comes out and does an upgrade, and not when the customer cancels their service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts