taking my dish and receiver on the road

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oldandmoldy

Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
I have an extra receiver and dish that was in one of my kid's rooms. They didn't take it when they moved and I have continued to pay the $5 extra each month, just so company would have TV to watch. I will be going camping this winter and will eventually be parked at my daughter's for several weeks. I would like to take the receiver and dish and hook it up to my camper while there so I can watch my own TV shows sometimes without disturbing her family. Aligning it isn't a big problem, but do I just call DirecTV when I am ready and have them zap it are the zip code where I will be? Will I still just pay the extra receiver fee? I have had some conflicting info from everyone, including DirecTV on this. Thanks for your help. :D

Just take it with you. DirecTV doesn't need to know its location. It isn't a permanent move and don't plug it into a phone line. Many people have summer cottages with just a dish that they move the receiver to when needed. If the campoer is out of range of the spot beam, you'll lose the locals (if you have them).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)