Taking the plunge

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it has the lnb-support arm still attached, sure you can use it for some fta. A little undersized but should get most of the stronger feeds once you attach a linear lnbf to it. I think SatelliteAV, one of our sponsors sells a linear lnbf that attaches to the stock lnb support. If not, you can fashion one , Ill try to attach a picture of one I cobbled together on a dish500 dish. And yes, even that small dish gets a lot of signals. And please ignore my crappy test cable-connection, I had run out of connectors !

Can you give dimensions and materials?
What size conduit clamp did you use?

adam12 that was just some junk I had, I think it was part of a drawer-slide rail that I bent into place and bolted to the lnb-support, and put a 2" conduit clamp on it to hold the lnb. The trick seems to be to find the spot on the dish where the original lnbf is 'looking', and then put your linear lnbf as close as you can get it to that same position and distance from the dish-face. Mine's not perfect, elevation readings are about 10degrees higher than what the dish pointer sites give me for every satellite, but it still works.

So you can record HD feeds but can't watch them live with the receiver? Strange. Can you stream the TS file to your PC and watch live?

Since the Visionsat records whatever is in the transport stream directly, it will record HD and 4:2:2. It lacks the hardware to decompress and play back HD since it is a SD receiver. You can't stream from the Visionsat directly to a PC, but you can disconnect the hard drive from the Visionsat once you're finished recording the program and play it back on a PC.

adam12 that was just some junk I had, I think it was part of a drawer-slide rail that I bent into place and bolted to the lnb-support, and put a 2" conduit clamp on it to hold the lnb. The trick seems to be to find the spot on the dish where the original lnbf is 'looking', and then put your linear lnbf as close as you can get it to that same position and distance from the dish-face. Mine's not perfect, elevation readings are about 10degrees higher than what the dish pointer sites give me for every satellite, but it still works.
Turbo -
I gotta tell you how much I enjoyed your picture!
So simple; so elegant!

And for anyone else looking to get the LNB to the focal point . . .
Template trick to locate new LNB at the proper focus, when replacing it:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ert-superdish-true-fta-use-2.html#post1540313

Tron, FYI.... the GEOSATpro DVR1100c records the HD TS content as the Visionsat does. I use Media Player Classic on the PC to decode and view.

Not too surprising, considering the distributor. ;)
They seem to do a pretty good job at getting a lot out of the hardware! - :up

Considering the shortcomings people put up with on many of the receivers on the market, it's nice to find one with a positive hidden feature.
Can't wait to see what that outfit does with a real HD box. - :D

Does the TS stream recording on the GEOSATpro DVR1100c also record 4:2:2 properly? I would assume it does. Might try one someday, but I'm really on the lookout for an actual HD receiver.

I have never tried recording or playing back any 4:2:2 programming with the GEOSATpro DVR1100c. Will put that test on a long list of projects..... :eek:

PM me with a 24/7 specific channel, satellite, transponder and I will have our staff record. I will post ASAP.

Thanks Anole, high praise for such a simple solution project.
oh, and ps: is it not time for the Christmas-anole avatar? Ho Ho Ho

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)