Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
TONIGHT you get your chance to talk with XStreamHD CEO George Gonzalez LIVE on the premiere edition of the "SatelliteGuys Radio Show!"

The show starts a 7PM and George will be with us for an entire hour taking your questions LIVE on the air! We will even give you a toll free number to call in and speak to the CEO on the air!

To tune in there are a number of way to enjoy this broadcast!

We will be broadcast NATIONWIDE via satellite on the Access America Radio Network!

Galaxy 19 Ku-Band Transponder: 23 Polarity: Vertical (V) Frequency: 12.115 MHz Symbol Rate: 22.425 FEC: 3/4 Audio PID 1794 E

You can also listen online at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/satelliteguys and also at http://www.access-america.net/

Out chat room will also be open and George will also be taking questions from the chat room as well! The url for the chat room is http://chat.satelliteguys.us

So get your questions ready and join us TONIGHT!

Only SatelliteGuys puts you in touch with the CEO's of the Satellite Companies! That's another reason why we are America's Satellite Information Source!

A little late in the day, I know. But I got 4 questions I would love to ask. But I'm not sure if I'm going to get off work in time to catch the call-in. They probably will be asked by someone anyways. But if not, here they are if you got extra time to fill (doubtful). Or maybe someone already knows the answers to these questions.

1. Will it be able to download from the internet. e.g. Pandora, YouTube, Podcasts, etc?

2. What about streaming? Will it be able to stream iTunes contents? Or any other contents on your computers (photos, home movies, etc)?

3. Will it be possible to use existing DirecTV dish already mounted on roof but not in use? Maybe with an LNB change and repointing the dish.

4. Will you be offering older movies? Say like Blade Runner, or even older, Stagecoach.

This is a service I might be interested in since I have a 250gb cap on my Comcast internet connection.

1. Will it be able to download from the internet. e.g. Pandora, YouTube, Podcasts, etc?
This was asked on the chat... not at release but who knows what the future hold. ;)

2. What about streaming? Will it be able to stream iTunes contents? Or any other contents on your computers (photos, home movies, etc)?
Yes, and it can play itunes songs that do not have DRM as well.

3. Will it be possible to use existing DirecTV dish already mounted on roof but not in use? Maybe with an LNB change and repointing the dish.
No the LNB is different. DirecTV and DISH Network use Circular Polarity LNB's while XStreamHD is on a KU satellite which uses horizontal / vertical

4. Will you be offering older movies? Say like Blade Runner, or even older, Stagecoach.
Good question, one I dont have an answer to. :)

A little late in the day, I know. But I got 4 questions I would love to ask. But I'm not sure if I'm going to get off work in time to catch the call-in. They probably will be asked by someone anyways. But if not, here they are if you got extra time to fill (doubtful). Or maybe someone already knows the answers to these questions.
At the end of the chat, George said he will answer any questions asked of him here. There's a sticky at the top of this sub-forum, just for questions to him.

Scott

I was very impressed by the content of the chat. The product looks top-notch, and I'm sure I'd be wowed by it in my house. But I've never been able to convince myself to pay by-the-piece for movies that will be available (in a few months) to me from the sources i already pay subscription fees for (HBO, etc).

The ability to replace one of my squeezeboxes with their set-top would make it a no-cost upgrade to stream my FLAC files (kudos to the company for this), but the additional monthly fee and per-movie charge make it too big a step. The next struggle will be when i see that they perfectly support DLNA streaming of my disk-based movie collection. Pray i can afford a huge projection system so their bandwidth will be visible on-screen and I will be compelled to subscribe.

So, George, best of success - i hope to be a subscriber some day, but can't right now.

I listened and it is a great idea, I guess. However they don't have much equipment and does not sound like they are going to be using retailers.

The topic of retailers came up and the answer was that if they had retailers it would force them to charge more for the product just so the retailers could make something on the product. So basically they are cutting out the middleman to keep the pricing as low as they can.

Hi Everyone,

You have posed a lot of great questions. I have been trying to respond to as many as I can in all of the threads.

XStreamHD is currently available direct to consumers via XStreamHD Home. It is also a great option for dealers who may be working with a customer for a much larger A/V install. Additionally, we are happy to discuss long term opportunities for distribution. Please feel free to reach out to us directly in that regard. Additionally, please note that XStreamHD does support all off-air broadcast with its digital tuners -- including VHF 2-13.

Please do not shy about asking about XStreamHD. Hopefully, I can provide you with information that is useful and helpful.

Thanks,

XStreamHDGuy

So cutting out a vhf tuner was so they could be as low as they can even though alot of the country uses VHF post transition.

We need a relpy to this. 2 of the 4 channels for locals in my area are not on the UHF band and are on the lower VHF channel numbers, so with your system I would be unable to receive them?

Hi Everyone,

You have posed a lot of great questions. I have been trying to respond to as many as I can in all of the threads.

XStreamHD is currently available direct to consumers via XStreamHD Home. It is also a great option for dealers who may be working with a customer for a much larger A/V install. Additionally, we are happy to discuss long term opportunities for distribution. Please feel free to reach out to us directly in that regard. Additionally, please note that XStreamHD does support all off-air broadcast with its digital tuners -- including VHF 2-13.

Please do not shy about asking about XStreamHD. Hopefully, I can provide you with information that is useful and helpful.

Thanks,

XStreamHDGuy

How does your system provided the lower VHF channels when they are ATSC tuners inside the stb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)