XStreamHD Signals on AMC 16

photoman76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
It looks like XStreamHD has started transmitting signals on AMC 16.
I'm now seeing two new signals.
12120 V 30000 and 12160 V 30000.
I think those are the two they used at CES.
I can't lock either one.

Its a special modulation made for XStreamHD, I dont think anything but a XStreamHD box will lock onto the signal.

BTW I was just looking at their website and I noticed one thing... if you buy a system from them it does not include one very important thing... A SATELLITE DISH... You would think you would need one wouldn't you?

Its a special modulation made for XStreamHD, I dont think anything but a XStreamHD box will lock onto the signal.

BTW I was just looking at their website and I noticed one thing... if you buy a system from them it does not include one very important thing... A SATELLITE DISH... You would think you would need one wouldn't you?

Um, what??? This "product" and I use that term loosly, gets dumber and dumber. Have they addressed installation yet or do they expect these super high end customers that have money to burn to install/peek their dishes and run all the cables necessary?

We talked about installation on the Radio Show I don't see that an issue. I am just surprised to see that the satellite service does not come with a satellite dish.

Since its not being fed off a circular bird you can not use an old DISH or DIRECTV dish and will need a regular KU LNB. Not many folks have one of these lying around.

Hopefully we get some clarification on that shortly.

Got word that if you need a DISH there is a $99 self install kit available which includes the dish. I guess I will need one of those. :)

Is xstreamhd going to wake up? If they charge more then $99.00 for professional install I will not get one and do expect them to not last more than three months.

How do the expect to compete against net flex vudu dish direct tv?

Can anyone from xstreamhd answer this question?

Most tv audiophiles like me are picky on the music and video we watch. Can xstramhd claim that their product will deliver a higher video and music experience?

Is xstreamhd going to wake up? If they charge more then $99.00 for professional install I will not get one and do expect them to not last more than three months.

How do the expect to compete against net flex vudu dish direct tv?

Can anyone from xstreamhd answer this question?

Most tv audiophiles like me are picky on the music and video we watch. Can xstramhd claim that their product will deliver a higher video and music experience?
I'm not with them, but I have been following them for years.

One of the advertised advantages of XStreamHD was that it has the technical ability to surpass BD in terms of quality. It could have a much higher peak data rate, and file size wouldn't be limited to 50GB. That would leave Dish and Directv in the dust.

But, it's also predicated on transfers and encodings designed to take advantage of those higher specs. How much of this is dependent on the studios and how much is in the hands of XStreamHD is also unknown.

Great potential, but execution is a mystery at this point.

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts