Talked my mother into switching to Dish from Time Warner

baydog

Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
United States
I convinced my mom to switch to Dish from Time Warner cable. She was paying about $120 for it with HBO on Demand included. The cable system only had one DVR for one TV. The other 2 TVs had no DVR so they had no replay ability. Now she has the new hopper whole home DVR system with integrated sling. With Dish she's getting the America's top 250 package with discounts will only cost her $53 per month total for one year with free HBO , Showtime , Cinemax,, Blockbuster home, and Starz free for 3 months. I was surprised how cheap the deal she got compared to the $112 per month i am paying for the same package . The one thing i noticed was that her dish was gray colored with no name or logo on it while mine is black colored with the Dish HD logo on it.

Yeah I love the new dishes. Moved across the street and got a black one. Love it. Got my aunt to do an upgrade she got the black one too. The tenants at old house are stuck with the old grey one. Bummer but hey they have a 311.

Edited to remove incriminating information

Yeah I love the new dishes. Moved across the street and got a black one. Love it. Got my aunt to do an upgrade she got the black one too. The tenants at old house are stuck with the old grey one. Bummer but hey they have a 311.
Aside from cosmetics, what's the difference?

I have a Grey Turbo HD Dish, for the record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)