Why Is Dish Anywhere Randomly Logging Me On To Other People's Receivers?

Nominal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, Texas
There's been this weird issue I've been having with Dish Anywhere lately. I'll be streaming a program on the iPhone app (from my 722k + Sling Adapter), then I get kicked out of the program with a popup saying that "my streaming session has ended" and that I'll be "logged in to my default receiver". When the popup goes away, the guide and locals aren't for my area and the "DVR Recordings" tab has programs I never recorded. When I go to the "My Receivers" tab, lo and behold I see I've been logged into a receiver on someone else's account.

The problem is usually solved by logging out, force quitting the app and restarting but it's an annoyance since this happens almost every time I stream and sometimes multiple times per session. Anyone else having this issue?

Same thing here!... I have been logged int 2 accounts in 2 days.....Im streaming from home (922) drops out(in 5 minutes) and the user unit number showes up in the upper left corner....Its not doing it with my computer, but only on my Toshiba Thrive running Android ICS....

Cant wait to get the answer on is one..

Well, they did fix the pixelation at the top and bottom of the hour...something had to give. ;)

This is appalling. I believe this is the result of just plain abysmal management ordering their techs to build the most Rube-Goldberg agglomeration of servers you can possibly imagine. They never heard of the KISS principle, and we pay the price of cumbersome logins (if at all) to a website (for the PC client), and no ability whatsoever to do a direct connection from Sling Adapter/722 to client, as we used to be able to do with the standalone Slingboxes.

Tell us how you really feel.... don't keep holding back...

Lmao "Rube-Goldberg" I can just imagine the wires crossing over each other and machines that run machines, and the redundancy.. All to accomplish a simple log-in....

I have sent detailed info to Matt...

In two days I havent been able to stream for more than 5 minuts.....I have automaticaly loged into 3 acounts and seen all dvr recordings and watched live TV...Only thing that doesnt work is the guide...which realy hasnt worked to good for me since the new app. I have to log out and back in to get guide info...

I have another, probably server related, issue... My BB@home rentals are yet again disappearing from my 722 overnight, even though they are supposed to stay put for 30 days. I can still see them from DishAnywhere, but I can't from the receiver itself. Matt, do you want to report that issue too?

While I'm thinking of it, let me put in a plug for DishAnywhere. At least the new website finally lets me delete my BB@home rentals! DishOnline never would let me do that.

Still the same, for ... How long will it take to adress?

I cant stream for more than 5 minutes before it shuts down and jumps to another persons sling setup, be a 722, 922, or hopper!

soon

Still the same, for ... How long will it take to adress?

I cant stream for more than 5 minutes before it shuts down and jumps to another persons sling setup, be a 722, 922, or hopper!

It started on Friday,an they were well aware of the problem....." thought they had fixed it before release ".....Ever hard of rolling back?

Same exact issue here. On a 2012 Hopper with latest software release (S238). Happens while streaming at home (wifi) via Sling on my iPhone 5 with Dish Anywhere app. After 5 minutes of decent streaming, dreadful "disconnecting" message appears. Then info message says I am being connected to the "default receiver on my account". That's funny -- I only have one hopper (and 3 Joeys). That's when I get connected to some random person's Sling adapter. Very depressing and annoying. Has taken multiple logouts, force quitting the app, and even deleting and reinstalling the app entirely to fix. But after all that, barely another 5 minutes of steaming before a repeat of the above. Will send Matt a PM right now with info. Hope they fix this quickly.

It just happened again. I was watching an episode of "Dallas" I DVRed and bang!, I was kicked out of the program and was logged in to someone else's DVR, apparently someone who has Dish Latino.

If people are in other subscriber's receivers Dish needs to imediately shut down the online service. I think some confirmation Dish knows what is happening needs to relayed possibly by DIRT.

I had this happen while using the Dish Anywhere app as well. Exact scenario as described in previous posts.

I've also thought I'm going nuts a couple times because a TV will be a channel we never watch or record when we turn it on. Could there be a correlation there?

The other thing I just though of. Is it possible to purchase PPV and other such paid content from the guide on the phone? That could be really bad if so.

Hmm, use DishAnywhere, wait 5 minutes, and possibly get to watch my Pittsburgh locals again? Hmmm... :)

Wow. All of this makes me glad I cut the Dish cord. Randomly getting into someone elses receiver can't be good for either party! I hope they get this resolved for you guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)