Talladega

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Going to Talladega week end after next. Never been there and really looking forward to it. Got seats in row 57 of the tri-oval tower. Checked them out on Talladegas website and they 3D view they have look pretty good. I'll be able to see all the way from turn 4 through turn 1. Any ideas of some POI I should check out, or things to take?

Talladega is, unlike most tracks which are located in the suburbs of major cities, in small town in the middle of noplace you would have ever heard of but for the track.

Take whatever you might need, especially if you are going to camp out, there is little infastructure to draw from.

We are staying at the Hotel Redmont in Birmingham. As far as being in the middle of nowhere, I have already been warned about that. We are prepared for the traffic issues. Also, we are aware of the possability of "The Big One". Been a Nascar fan for years. I also remember a man that won it years ago in the one time I can remember that there was not one caution. My favorite driver, Mark Martin. It sucks he won't be in the race.

I always thought that Martin lied about his age sometime back in the past and has had to keep up the story all these year.

That or his food fad diet is really bad for him.

When I worked for a couple of TV stations in Springfield, MO in the middle and late 70's, there wasn't a whole lot of local sports to cover other than the "stock car" races they held at the county fairgrounds on Friday nights. (As I lived just down the street from the fairgrounds for a while, I can still remember hearing the cars on those warm summer nights!!!...:cool:)
Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace were just starting out on their racing careers and were considered local favorites, as Rusty was from the St. Louis area and Mark was from just over the state line in Arkansas. Even then they had a heated rivalry going, and I remember interviewing them both a few times. I still recall that even tho Mark was supposedly close to the same age as Rusty, he seemed to look a lot older, even then!!!...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)