Talladega

Congrats to Tony and crew !
I'm really surprised that he hasn't won prior to this week.
I expect that next year will be a very tough year for him with the new ownership responsibilities.

Jimbo
Go 88
Yeah, me, too. He's been in the position to win numerous times like ol' Junior, but has had lots of bad luck..again, like Junior. I'm not too sure about the final ruling (referring to the yellow line incident) but they'll/I'll/we'll take it! Went to Regan's website and DEI and his crew are all up in arms over this. I'm not sure what to think about next year. Part of me agrees with you (using other driver/owners as reference) and part of me thinks with Darian Grubb coming from Hendrick (who won twice, I believe, after Cheatin' Chad Knaus was suspended) as his Crew Chief, running Hendrick engines and Tony driving (obviously) isn't a bad combo. Hey, it's not Michael Waltrip Racing we're talking about here :)D). Who knows..? All I know is his #14 car is sweet! :up JGee

Well, the ruling on Super Speedways is you cannot pass under the yellow/white line, it's always been that way.
Smith claimed he was forced down there, I'm not so sure ...looked to me like he went down there to try to get the pass.

I like Tony, him and Jr. have always worked well together, I was hoping he would sign with Hendricks, but hey, I'm real happy to have Mark Martin as well.

I haven't seen the # 14 car yet.

Jimbo

Well, the ruling on Super Speedways is you cannot pass under the yellow/white line, it's always been that way.
Smith claimed he was forced down there, I'm not so sure ...looked to me like he went down there to try to get the pass.

I like Tony, him and Jr. have always worked well together, I was hoping he would sign with Hendricks, but hey, I'm real happy to have Mark Martin as well.

I haven't seen the # 14 car yet.

Jimbo
You're definitely right, I'll agree, but Regan is saying the "block" Tony put on him "forced" him below the line and according to Smith's "rulebook", it's then ok to pass below the line. Nascar told him after the race he should've and could've let off. As for Tony, honestly, I was hoping for Hendrick, too..maybe even RCR, (which is 15 minutes from my house :up, but then again, 99% of all teams are a stones throw from here) especially after I heard Haas was in the mix :)eek:), but he's my man and I'm stickin' with him..and now Newman (which should help in the owner points/qualifying dept). Could be worse, I suppose. Crap! Almost forgot; Here's one link to his car: http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=3504995http://www.gfrracing.com/media/images/product_xlarge/09stewartofficedepot_lg.jpg, not that you couldn't have found it on your own..

Last edited:
Talladega Sucked
5 out of 6 roush cars Wrecked or dmaged only RoushKeeter to get out with no damage was Ragan. Too bad Smith passed under the line, would have been cool to so him win a race otherise congrats to Tony.

Talladega Sucked
5 out of 6 roush cars Wrecked or dmaged only RoushKeeter to get out with no damage was Ragan. Too bad Smith passed under the line, would have been cool to so him win a race otherise congrats to Tony.
Yeah..good one Carl :rolleyes:. If it had been anyone other than Tony, Junior or Harvick racing Smith for the win, I wouldn't have minded seeing Regan win, either. I'm an almost Equal Opportunity Winner kind of fan. There's maybe 10 guys I don't want to see win...EVER (cough~Jimmie Johnson, Montoya). Other than in The Chase, I like to see the wins spread out, especially if it's an "underdog"..Such as Elliot Sadler or Jamie McMurray (whom I'm a fan of also), etc,etc..

He won only because he survived the battle of atrician.

Do you think this Chase is a good idea?

Busch was unbelievablyt dominant at the start f the year, yet he could finish at the bottom of the Chase standings. It seems a bit unfair for him to look so good, yet get overtaken?

Do you think this Chase is a good idea?

Busch was unbelievablyt dominant at the start f the year, yet he could finish at the bottom of the Chase standings. It seems a bit unfair for him to look so good, yet get overtaken?

Sabre's,
If you go back and check the results before the Chase starts for the previous years, alot of them were pretty much decided long before the last race.
I'm refering to from the Chase time forward up to the Richmond race (Chase cut off)

Thats said, YES, I like the Chase, but I would modify the chasers abit.
(My suggestions would never happen due to sponsors, but.
I would like to see the Chase expand to 15, and if you don't make the Chase, your done for the year, so you would only have 15 drivers running the last 10 races.
No need to have the other Non Chase drivers wrecking and taking out the Chase guy's, If you've only go 10-*15 cars out there and they wreck thats one thing, but when you have 30 other drivers that can and do take out Chase guys, thats bad.... You could see that happen with teams that might not like another driver.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)