tampa bay lightning loose their goalie to blackhawks

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
heard on the radio a little while ago that (spelling not even close ) nickli havibulen just signed with the blackhawks. congrats chi town on stealing our goalie. :D

some of these pro sport players are real smart when it comes with contracts. havibulen wanted as much money as he could get, but what he doesn't realize is that he still would have made more here in FL with no state sales tax. on paper, he is making more in chicago, but he will have fun when he sees how much sales tax they take out up there.

sorry, about the rant, still a little pissed off about this.

Thats one of the reasons why Modano stayed with the Stars. We don't have state income tax here in Texas, but in IL, PA, and MA they do have state income tax.

when the lighting GM was talking at a pep rally today and giving everyone the bad news, he said his phone rang. when he looked at it later, he said it was an agent for another goalie looking for work.

The income tax in Illinois is not all that steep----3%. Does the city of Chicago have another tax on top of that? It is hard to believe that the 3 % figure is that biga factor---especially since Chicago would seem like a better place fora hockey player to pick up endorsement dollars.

Florida BTW has a hefty sales tax because of the lack ofa n income tax. I am not the guys's agent or tax plalnner but i a m sure it was all considered. then again when you look at the CBA these guys approved you have to wonder.

6.25% in Illinois with alot of items exempt.. 6 % in FL but I think they have local sales taxes as well1% or higher I believe.

i don't want to get into it, because i am not that smart when it comes to these things, but take my word, i listen to sports talk radio everyday. they figure this thing out everytime someone leaves from the tampa bay area and 90 percent of the time, the person loses money, even though they sign a bigger contract than offered here.

I don't want to start a war either----but don't believe everything you hear on Talk radio.

Apperantly Nikolai Khabibulin did not want to be in Flordia any longer,
I wish he had decided on Michigan over Illinois.
He would have solidified the Red Wing goalie situation.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)