Tampa Bay: NEW HD CHANNELS LAUNCHED - CNNHD!

jaye

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Pinellas County here, still no new navigator software though...so this isn't HD channels from SDV.

Channel 710 - MGMHD
Channel 728 - CNNHD
Channel 735 - DisneyHD
Channel 736 - Family Channel HD

Glad to see CNN HD is on the list. Just checked (via slingbox) my DVR, and it looks like Orlando doesn't have CNN yet...but I'm guessing that'll be the next one we get now.

Pasco has them. Nice to have, probably will not watch a whole lot of them. I would trade all four for USA since the olympics are coming up.

Pasco has them. Nice to have, probably will not watch a whole lot of them. I would trade all four for USA since the olympics are coming up.

True that.

Not to mention Psych is the best show ever and should really be shown in HD =p

If I had to pick the next few HD channels, I think personally I would go for the the following top 3:
- SciFi
- USA
- CNN

After that...
Spike, ESPNEWS, CBS-College Sports (launching this fall), ESPN-U (launching this fall), Sunsports (24/7 hd channel launching soon), and WGN.

I dont know about best show ever..... I really am a fan of Sarah Conor Chronicles, and I think I like Burn Notice better then Psych... Although both are very good. I also enjoy House. I was a fan of Bionic Woman (sorry!), Journeyman and that one show where the guy lives forever, until he finds his true love, and hes a cop. the name slips my mind.

Yea, it does seem Orlando is getting this new UI based off posts. A lot of posts also state that they got a bill in the Tampa Bay Area that stated information on this new navigator software upgrade, and I was one of them....I recall Largo, Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Tarpon Springs customers being the other recipients of this information on their bill. I can actually scan the information that came with my bill over a month ago now. Has something happened?

Also, I noticed someone wanted CBS-College Sports...it also launched on channel 807 in the Tampa Bay Area

Yea, it does seem Orlando is getting this new UI based off posts. A lot of posts also state that they got a bill in the Tampa Bay Area that stated information on this new navigator software upgrade, and I was one of them....I recall Largo, Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Tarpon Springs customers being the other recipients of this information on their bill. I can actually scan the information that came with my bill over a month ago now. Has something happened?

Also, I noticed someone wanted CBS-College Sports...it also launched on channel 807 in the Tampa Bay Area

That was in the bill here in St. Petersburg. The new software is coming to Tampa Bay. It just isn't here yet. I think they (a member of this group's wish list) are asking for the CBS College Sports HD channel.

I noticed too the SD channel on 807. I used to have the sports pack but I can't think of what channel it replaced. It isn't a new add is it? I think they replaced one sports pak channel for another, this new one.

I get my NHL HD now with DirecTV... I hated it being in SD at BHN and paying $2.99 for the sports pak just for that channel.

That was in the bill here in St. Petersburg. The new software is coming to Tampa Bay. It just isn't here yet. I think they (a member of this group's wish list) are asking for the CBS College Sports HD channel.

I noticed too the SD channel on 807. I used to have the sports pack but I can't think of what channel it replaced. It isn't a new add is it? I think they replaced one sports pak channel for another, this new one.

CBS-College Sports replaced (is the same channel as) CSTV. CBS bought the channel a few years back, and decided to rename it, and take day-to-day operational control of it this past March.

CSB-C and ESPN-U are both planning to offer all NCAA-Football games in HD this fall, so that's why I really want it personally.

The new software has already been rolled out in parts of Orlando...sounds like it'll all be switched within the next two months in time for the Sept-ish SDV deployment.

And I would agree, Terminator and House are far better then Psych, but, Psych is a great show to sit back and relax with on a stressed out day =p

You can see most of the olympic games/tryouts on NBC. 2008 Beijing Olympics coverage will be on VOD. HD content will be on HD Showcase on Demand (part of the HD Pak) beginning early August.

Can't wait until Sci Fi HD is here!

BHN Insider

HD content will be on HD Showcase on Demand (part of the HD Pak) beginning early August.

My HD Showcase on Demand Channel has always worked, whether or not I was subscribing to the HD Pak at the time or not. I haven't checked it since I dropped the HD Pak again a month ago but it has always worked for me. I know they say it is part of the HD Pak but I think it works for anybody that has an HD box, even if they don't have the HD Pak.

Unless they just messed up my account and left it on. But anyway, other than when they had Breaking Bad uncut in HD on there, I really have never found much use for that On Demand Channel.

that channel has worked for a while now....its filled with entertainment ads

I think he means are there to be any new movie HD channels.

Considering BHN has carried all the HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/TMC for a long time in the SD format while DirecTV and Dish have never carried them all, I would fully expect that if and when they have the capacity, they would carry all those same channels in HD. They may not carry all the Starz channels, but I'll bet they carry most of the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)