Tap190506

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
When they install these, can they cause problems with your moca signal, I have had a problem since day one and it is isolated to when prime time anytime is recording you can not watch the machine that is recording prime time anytime and two other things from the other hopper it has no sound or it locks up. Now the one that does not have all of these recordings going has a Tap19050 so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with this problem.

Check your signal levels (yellow -9-2)for all three tuners on all three satellites using same transponder (i like to use 21)
there should be little difference in the readings between tuners.
If there is a drifference (more then 2 or 3 "points") or missing entirely then you have a wireing issue.
Could be bad wire,fitting,node or tap.
To diagnose tap replace it with a 3 gig barrol (will loose joeys durring test) and see if problem gos away

Also make sure tap is not in backwards

Last edited:
I have a tap on my setup right now and experience no issues. On all receivers press YELLOW - BLUE - 4 and make sure your moca bars are all green. YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - Send Status - Check Connection - Check Signal on the Hoppers will give you your sat readings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)