Tapatalk

Another group (AVSforum) used to have a Forum Runner based app. They dropped it and for a while all I could use to access it on my iPhone was Tapatalk. That app has problems, frequently forgets a group or something gets corrupted and you had to delete the group from it and set it up again. Finally I had enough and ditched Tapatalk, resorting to only access it from a desktop system with their regular website. AVSforum eventually wrote a mobile version which is working well.

I'd sure hate having to access this group using Tapatalk. It would mean accessing only from my desktop system, when the free time I usually have to read and participate is usually when I am not around it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

zarg:

I have never had those issues with the Android version. How long has it been since you have used the Apple version? I would suggest reinstalling and trying it again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

The AVS guys tried getting Tapatalk to work with their custom software. That wasn't Tapatalk's fault. :)

If we get a custom version of Tapatalk it will be free to the members and we will keep supporting both software packages for a bit.

Is there a monetary advantage (to sites) with using the branded apps ? You've indicated that it costs money up-front to get a branded app so you must get something in return later. From the user's standpoint, at least mine, I don't want a half-dozen branded apps for the various forums I frequent the most.

Another group (AVSforum) used to have a Forum Runner based app. They dropped it and for a while all I could use to access it on my iPhone was Tapatalk. That app has problems, frequently forgets a group or something gets corrupted and you had to delete the group from it and set it up again. Finally I had enough and ditched Tapatalk, resorting to only access it from a desktop system with their regular website. AVSforum eventually wrote a mobile version which is working well.

I'd sure hate having to access this group using Tapatalk. It would mean accessing only from my desktop system, when the free time I usually have to read and participate is usually when I am not around it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

I have had Tapatalk for years and never had that problem.

Here is their big announcement.

We're pleased to announce we believe that we have resolved the issues with the iOS 1.6 update on iPad devices running iOS 6 when launching/running in landscape mode. We're currently waiting for the main Forum Runner application to be approved in the Apple App Store. Once it has been approved, and we don't see a re-occurrence of the issue in the wild,We will begin to push out the update to Branded Application customers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited by a moderator:
So in other words it doesn't fix the image issues I've been seeing on the iPhone....

I have noticed lately that it is not giving me all the unread threads for the day, Tapatalk cuts most of the older threads off earlier in the day so now I am back on the regular web browser. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

I have noticed lately that it is not giving me all the unread threads for the day, Tapatalk cuts most of the older threads off earlier in the day so now I am back on the regular web browser. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Not me. If you pull down and hold it for a second tapatalk will load more threads. It is similar to the refresh gesture but the opposite direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)