TBS 5925 Vs TBS 5927

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Hardware differences between them? I see that the 5925 will tune DSS, will the 5927 tune DSS? I am looking to get a new USB tuner, my 5922 SE is getting kinda long in the tooth. I use DVBViewer if that matters.

Hardware differences between them? I see that the 5925 will tune DSS, will the 5927 tune DSS? I am looking to get a new USB tuner, my 5922 SE is getting kinda long in the tooth. I use DVBViewer if that matters.
From what I hear, the 5925's were great, but had a problem with overheating and burning out. I have a 5927 and although it works well, but does not do as claimed. It will not play the music choice channels, still buggy drivers although the newest one's seem to be working OK. I can swap to my 5520 SE and music choice plays fine. The 5927 does work great in EBSPro, and is my main blindscanner.

From what I hear, the 5925's were great, but had a problem with overheating and burning out. I have a 5927 and although it works well, but does not do as claimed. It will not play the music choice channels, still buggy drivers although the newest one's seem to be working OK. I can swap to my 5520 SE and music choice plays fine. The 5927 does work great in EBSPro, and is my main blindscanner.

Well, that seals that...Thanks for the info...Guess I will sit on what I have, I dont use my card a whole lot so....Thanks for the opinion. 5925's are discontinued anyway...

Stoogie, proud to report that the lastest drivers on the TBS website have fixed all my problems. Everything has been fine with no lockups for a month now.

stogie5150 are you using your 5922se on windows or linux?
Been trying to build the driver on a linux Fedora 34 box not having much luck. This box runs a business server that takes very little network or processor, so I was hoping I could use it for receiving a few DVB channels on fixed dishes from the office. It's an I5 and Asus motherboard I put together a few years ago, still works well, might work well enough to stream those channels to the house.
Turning into one of those ever-ending projects. Might have to find another box to run Ubuntu...

Reactions: stogie5150

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)