TBS cancels 'Lopez Tonight'

I know everybody may not agree with me, but I got to the point where Lopez Tonight was fresher and funnier than Conan. If Lopez Tonight is gone, surely Conan can NOT be safe.

George got screwed being moved to midnight. Personally I don't like his latino-centric humor (I consider racist) but he had a pretty strong following that didn't follow him to midnight. (Look up my profile before you make a comment about my racist comment)

See ya
Tony

Lopez tried hard to hide his bitterness during the show last night but you could see it. Conan also still shows a bitterness on his show. He wanted to be on of the 4 major networks. It just goes to show you that it's not as easy as it looks. Nobody will be as good as Johnny Carson was.

Hillary Atkin
The “baddest show in late-night,” as host George Lopez called it, is now relegated to the history books -- and if there is such a thing, the television business etiquette books, under the chapter of “How Not to Fire Your Cast and Crew.”
Could there have been any less respectful way for TBS to have made a major schedule change than by unceremoniously dumping George Lopez from his late-night perch with scarcely 36 hours’ notice?
Source & More: tvweek.com

Hillary Atkin The “baddest show in late-night,” as host George Lopez called it, is now relegated to the history books -- and if there is such a thing, the television business etiquette books, under the chapter of “How Not to Fire Your Cast and Crew.”
Could there have been any less respectful way for TBS to have made a major schedule change than by unceremoniously dumping George Lopez from his late-night perch with scarcely 36 hours’ notice?
Source & More: tvweek.com
It's the reality of show biz. And to call TBS racist is laughable .(Not you, I'm talking about the story from Tvweek.) it was TBS that gave him a chance at a late night show. Lopez knew that his number one job was to get ratings. And his show was much better then Conan. That shows you what kind of trouble he's in. Conan will be next. Don't know when but his ratings are not much stronger then what Lopez had at that time slot. And it looks like some latinos are glad he's gone.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/turnstyle/why-some-latinos-are-glad_b_925445.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)