TBS crosses the line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kg4ozx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Alabama
Watching an episode of Family Guy tonight and the show stops, like it is paused. A bug of Bill Engval comes on the screen and does a full promo with Family Guy "Paused" behind it.

This is taking the pop-ups and bugs to an entirely new level. What are they thinking? Do they not see the Nielson ratings that show people don't watch channels that are endless loops of commercials?

Commercials are just a necessary evil, not the reason people watch. (when a company makes a funny/entertaining commercial I don't mind, but it isn't why I watch. )

So they found a new way to start advertising, stopping right in the middle of a show to do a quick commercial then resume the show.

I found some of the blatant ads written into some of the Simpsons episodes this season rather intrusive too ... nothing quite as bad as this though.

They are noticing DVR use on the rise and it must be affecting their bottom line. Either that or it is just another way for them to make more money, guaranteed viewers of their advertisement if it is done during the show. This is going to happen more and more as time goes on.

Watching an episode of Family Guy tonight and the show stops, like it is paused. A bug of Bill Engval comes on the screen and does a full promo with Family Guy "Paused" behind it.

This is taking the pop-ups and bugs to an entirely new level. What are they thinking? Do they not see the Nielson ratings that show people don't watch channels that are endless loops of commercials?

Commercials are just a necessary evil, not the reason people watch. (when a company makes a funny/entertaining commercial I don't mind, but it isn't why I watch. )

this will be quite annoying but I still can FF them. I never watch anything LIVE anymore (see if they can beat that. Unless they take away my FF and skip button :D )

they had the mask in hd today. to the right of the screen they had a permanent bug telling us that they were showing this movie with limited commercial... you have to love the hipocrisy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts