TBS-HD Baseball

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Anyone having problems with TBS-HD tonight (10/08/09) during the Cardinals-Dodgers game? Picture loss. No loss in audio. Its happened at least 4 times during the telecast so far this evening.

Talking about Dish Network, thats why i am on the Dish Network forum. Not looking for a war zone response, thanks. Besides, I like my DVR and can't imagine getting rid of it for DirectTV hardware. Yes, I have used it, and no, I do not like it.

Talking about Dish Network, thats why i am on the Dish Network forum. Not looking for a war zone response, thanks. Besides, I like my DVR and can't imagine getting rid of it for DirectTV hardware. Yes, I have used it, and no, I do not like it.
You Dish folks are wound up tight. I have never seen people get so offended by someone trying to help as people in the Dish forum

The reason why I posted what I did was to help you trouble shoot. There are three main reasons for the issue:

1. It is your receiver
2. It is Dish
3. It is TBS

Someone with another provider can tell you if they too are having the same issue (which means it is a TBS or source issue). Since we are not, then it is not a TBS issue.

You are welcome!

I think it's both ways. Directv people don't like Dish people sticking their nose in on their stuff and vice versa. No offense to you Dogerking, because you have never done anything wrong to me, but was wondering why you hang out in the Dish forums when you are a Directv guy?

I think it's both ways. Directv people don't like Dish people sticking their nose in on their stuff and vice versa. No offense to you Dogerking, because you have never done anything wrong to me, but was wondering why you hang out in the Dish forums when you are a Directv guy?
Because I can and I like to help.

ETA: I was not hanging around in the forum anyway. This was the leading thread on the main forum page and since I happened to be watching TBS at the time, I decided to click on this one thread only to see what it was about. I then decided to help the OP determine what the issue is by ruling out a source problem.

I know from experience, especially with FOX broadcast, that the problem is the network. The only way to confirm or rule out network issues is to see if others with other providers are having the same problem.

Never said you couldn't, but you usually get a harsh response from the Dish crowd when you do try to help. :p
I understand. No offense taken by me. I realize that many post on here to try to start something. FYI, that was not my intention at all.

:up

Since you have Dish, you can help the OP out by telling him if you are having the same issue, that way he can tell if the problem is with Dish or his equipment.

There was a scrolling message at the bottom of the screen saying the seasonal solar flare activity could cause interruption of service. My brother even had it on Comcast in PA.

I noticed it for the Phillies game. What happen first was I have my 722 set to update at 4 pm ( I work thirds so I do it when no one is really watching tv yet) It updated like normal back to the game and then it dropped the signal and connected again but this time it took longer and wanted to update the program guide then back to the game. Did this like 3 times then it was fine. Then TBS HD went black but SD was fine.

Flipping back and forth between the game and hockey, I never noticed any issues. I did, however, notice issues on the Red Wings game on the NHL Network.

I also had problems with the Wings game on NHL Network.
It was no only the HD feed and it also did not happen on any other HD feed.
So when I tuned into NHL Network this morning and the same thing was happing I calld tech support.
They did all the checks from checking signal strenth to turning off the VIP 211 tuner and letting it reboot. When all this did not fix the problem, which I told them it was not me but it must be them but of course they did not listen to me, they are sending out a tech to re point my dish.
So next week we shall see.

Because I can and I like to help.

I appreciate your input. It helps eliminate the causes of the problem.

BTW, the scroll at the bottom of the screen on TBS indicated "seasonal solar activity" may cause picture interruption. I didn't know the sun had seasons...:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)