Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I'm watching Shrek on TBS HD.. and while it does look much better than the SD version, it seems like something is lacking... I remember seeing Shrek 2 on ABC HD a little while back, and maybe my memory is fuzzy (pun intended) and if I remember the picture was clearer on the ABC version.. Could it just be the two were made differently and that TBS HD isn't that bad, or have people seen other stuff on TBS HD that has been lacking in HD quality as well?

I agree... I've seen a couple of things marked as HD in the guide on TBS, and I don't think they really are... some kind of upconversion, it looks like.

I am also having audio sync problems with this channel. Anyone else?

I'm using an H20-100

I think both TBS and TNT hd channels should change their aspect ratios I would rather see the black bars on the side of the pic not a stretched out pic. Hopefully the can fix this soon but doubt I have had TNT hd for a while still same old stretching

I think both TBS and TNT hd channels should change their aspect ratios I would rather see the black bars on the side of the pic not a stretched out pic. Hopefully the can fix this soon but doubt I have had TNT hd for a while still same old stretching

Really? There is some stretching on TNT, but overall I find that they do quite a bit of things in HD (not that the quality is all that great, at least on the MPEG2 from D*). It's light years ahead of where TBS is right now.

Really? There is some stretching on TNT, but overall I find that they do quite a bit of things in HD (not that the quality is all that great, at least on the MPEG2 from D*). It's light years ahead of where TBS is right now.
Hopefully the AL playoff games will be in TRUE HD...

i thought TRUE HD was 1080p....sumthing which no network does or has the the capability yet to do.

1080i is the high end for sat TV at this time "wouldn't expect this to change anytime soon".

1080P works well with blue ray DVD and computer displays.

Matt

i thought TRUE HD was 1080p....sumthing which no network does or has the the capability yet to do.
I consider TRUE HD to be something that isn't just an upconverted picture.. like what Shrek was last night.

I have found that by adjusting my contrast and sharpness levels, I get a real nice picture across all the channels. There is nothing that we can do on the other end but this is something to try on this end anyway

well did we expect a great hd channel after all this form the same company that brought us all the streched tnt shows. i agree if you cant transmit a pertecular show in hd please use black bars like hbo and discovery does

TBS is not owned by Turner anymore, he sold it off!! (I heard that somewhere, don't hold me to it) Also there isn't any HD on TBS, they are stretching their SIGNAL not just the picture. Look at the TBS sign on the bottom. It is actually the same as the standard channel but with a little better pic. I stoped watching the channel until I see something else. That is what everyone should do, and maybe they would do something different!!!

I have yet to see Hd on TBS HD

I've yet to see programming not stretched on TBS "HD". What a joke. I have to wonder what the FCCs take is on these proclaimed "HD channels"? I mean how lame do these people think we are that we can be fooled by a stretched picture that fills the screen? :(

TBS doesn't have that much orginal programming. so all they do is upscale old reruns. I'm not a baseball fan but it will be interesting to see how it looks. I think they may need to invest in some hd camera's and go from there

I think if they put the black bars we would still watch the reruns of the shows the have on because the pq will look much sharper the SD channel, I think we can tell the difference between NFL HD and NFL SD

I think if they put the black bars we would still watch the reruns of the shows the have on because the pq will look much sharper the SD channel, I think we can tell the difference between NFL HD and NFL SD
I wouldn't. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.