TBS HD lacking?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will say this in defense of D*. Just got back from a friends house helping him build furniture and we watched the Cubs game on Comcast on TBS HD. It looked alot worse than the baseball I have watched on D*. The screen looked streched and not as clear as TBS DH on D*.

audio sync problems on several channels with the HR20. I called and they stated it was the broadcasting stations doing this. I checked the stations with clear to air channels and NO, its not the stations, but the re-broadcasting from the satilites or the HR20 itself. Any idies?

I totally agree with you, the HD picture on channel95 was WAAY better than TBS as was the audio. If others think different, well that's their problem but I for 1 am in total agreement with ya buddy. :hatsoff:

Robin
Wow, from what we(me, my wife and some friends) were looking at, TBS HD was wayyyyyy better. The sharpness wasnt really the issue, but had alot of blocking on 95. Seemed like that one was really overcompressed

directv is cheating customers

the only way directv is able to put these channels up on HD is use HD light,which not true hd,but directv will never admit to that.directv is a lot of hot air when it comes to hd.directv is still very tight on band width,even with the new satellite.

the only way directv is able to put these channels up on HD is use HD light,which not true hd,but directv will never admit to that.directv is a lot of hot air when it comes to hd.directv is still very tight on band width,even with the new satellite.
WHat hole did you crawl out of?

Wow, from what we(me, my wife and some friends) were looking at, TBS HD was wayyyyyy better. The sharpness wasnt really the issue, but had alot of blocking on 95. Seemed like that one was really overcompressed

Looks like we'll just have to agree with disagreeing on this on. :)

I think the picture quality of the playoff games is good. I am watching on the new channel on E*. Other than that, I have not seen any other programming in HD. If this is what the push is to add "HD" channels, as far as I am concerned, it's a big scam. D*, E* and cable could just as well tell programmers that we will carry your HD channel but, you need a certain amount of HD content aired before we do. It shouldn't be just about the number of channels but should be more about the HD content. TBS is nothing more than a big marketing scam that dupes non-technical viewers into thinking they are watching HD even thought they're not. I wish viewers would wake up and see the reality.

I think the picture quality of the playoff games is good. I am watching on the new channel on E*. Other than that, I have not seen any other programming in HD. If this is what the push is to add "HD" channels, as far as I am concerned, it's a big scam. D*, E* and cable could just as well tell programmers that we will carry your HD channel but, you need a certain amount of HD content aired before we do. It shouldn't be just about the number of channels but should be more about the HD content. TBS is nothing more than a big marketing scam that dupes non-technical viewers into thinking they are watching HD even thought they're not. I wish viewers would wake up and see the reality.

Thanx for opening my eyes,,,, !sadroll

So, you would rather not have it? Sorry, but I don't see what the negative is here. Are you being forced to watch that particular channel?

So, you would rather not have it? Sorry, but I don't see what the negative is here. Are you being forced to watch that particular channel?

I am not forced to watch anything. The point is, programmers can do whatever they want because the only recourse a subscriber has is to accept it(because it's part of a package) or cancel the entire package (and the average viewer won't do this). The only way a viewer will be empowered is to give them an alternative with ala carte pricing. Programmers and the broadcast lobby are totally opposed to this because they would relinquish the stranglehold they have on providers and the will of subscribers. Right now, it's about, it will be done my way because I have the power and I can, rather than...yes Mr/Ms. Subscriber, I see your point because you are paying for my programming and I will listen to you and, if I don't, you will drop my channel. You think what we are seeing today, with all the pop ups, banners, bugs, snipes, picture stretching, etc. is what the majority of viewers really want? I think not. As someone stated previously, a pig is still a pig, regardless of what you call it. :)

I am not forced to watch anything. The point is, programmers can do whatever they want because the only recourse a subscriber has is to accept it(because it's part of a package) or cancel the entire package (and the average viewer won't do this). The only way a viewer will be empowered is to give them an alternative with ala carte pricing. Programmers and the broadcast lobby are totally opposed to this because they would relinquish the stranglehold they have on providers and the will of subscribers. Right now, it's about, it will be done my way because I have the power and I can, rather than...yes Mr/Ms. Subscriber, I see your point because you are paying for my programming and I will listen to you and, if I don't, you will drop my channel. You think what we are seeing today, with all the pop ups, banners, bugs, snipes, picture stretching, etc. is what the majority of viewers really want? I think not. As someone stated previously, a pig is still a pig, regardless of what you call it. :)

I am eternally in your debt for straightening me out. All this time I thought I was more than happy with the quality of this new HD but now that you've opened my eyes, I now realize that the majority of us think this picture sucks,,,,,, because you say so.... :D

Robin

Have you done an research on this subject at all before you posted? Or are u using old info???
D* has more bandwidth available right now that nearly anybody. Please get your facts right before you post untrue info

I am eternally in your debt for straightening me out. All this time I thought I was more than happy with the quality of this new HD but now that you've opened my eyes, I now realize that the majority of us think this picture sucks,,,,,, because you say so.... :D

Robin

Robin, you might want to read my posts more carefully before you imply something. I am not implying anything about the MPEG4 HD picture quality on D*. I was "focusing", that being the operative word, on the subject of this thread, which is "TBS HD lacking". If you read my comment in post #71 above, you would see that I said, "I think the picture quality of the playoff games is good", based upon my own observation on E* . Beyond the playoffs being in HD, I haven't seen any other HD programming on TBS and that was what I was commenting on. If you are fine with what you are seeing on TBS, outside of the playoffs in HD, it's your prerogative to have that opinion. Please don't imply that my opinion is wrong because you may not agree with me, or, that I am here for some reason other than to comment on the subject of this thread. It's fine if you disagree with my opinion too. I was just stating my opinion based upon my own observation, nothing more. There is no need for sarcasm in your comment.

We can, but honestly you would be in disagreement with almost everyone on this. no problem though

Well it must be that you're not an honest person because I was only agreeing with someone elso who originally brought it up. And I still agee with this man and not with you! :rolleyes:

Robin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts