Please reply by conversation.

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
Hi
I was wondering which card is better the
TBS8921 PCI or Prof Revolution DVB-S2 7301 PCI for this motherboard GIGABYTE - Motherboard - BGA 559 - GA-D525TUD (rev. 1.x) which I already own ?

For each card itself how about in performance and is blind scanning available?

I have windows 7 professional with 4 gig DDR3 ram. Also I am open to other suggestions since this MB does has USB port too. Thanks.

I go with a USB tuner. The PCIe or PCI slots in my computer are much to warm an enviroment in my computer with the twin video cards. This puts a video card right next to the tuner no matter which slot you use.

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 262
Well on the motherboard I plan to use it only has one PCI slot and I am using the embedded Video card. I don't think that heat would be an issue. I like the USB idea though I can take it to other PCs. If you where to get a USB tuner which one would you get?

The SkyWalkers perform the best but my Prof 7500 gives me S2. I wish I could use MyTheatre with the PROF. The Prof promised Blind Scan but came up short. Unless you really are into linux there is not a super great DVB program for my tastes. I was planning an FTA HTPC for the Dish Network replacement. But I went for an AZBox instead. Easier for the wife( If I can keep my fingers off the firmware updates)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts