TBSHD TNTHD MTVHD West now live

For the time being, the west-coast feeds of Comedy Central and BET are on channels 901 and 902.

(Perhaps there was an engineering problem. I don’t think AT&T intended to isolate them. So, I am guessing they will become mapped to channels 249–1 and 329–1.)

If they aren't doing it now they aren't likely to do it when MPEG2 goes away. They'll use MPEG4 SD, just like the many MPEG4 SD channels they already have.
or go full HD. I think it needs to be in the MEPG 2 101 slots to cover the PI quotes. Just like c-span

or go full HD. I think it needs to be in the MEPG 2 101 slots to cover the PI quotes. Just like c-span

If it is on 101 then it is much less likely to be HD - why would they want to waste valuable 101 bandwidth on a channel few people watch, when they could use it for a more popular channel? I'm willing to bet it stays MPEG4 SD, the only way it goes HD is if it is on 99/103.

One enjoyable thing about having the west coast versions of TBS & TNT is that now their annual "24 hours of a Christmas Story" is actually longer thanks to the west coast broadcasts. I also like how they staggered it this year by having it start at one time on TBS and an hour later on TNT. Yes I've seen it thousands of times, but I'm still a sucker for this every year. I'd love to see more "West" feeds added. The wife loves being able to catch the west coast Big Bang Theory reruns on TBS too.

One enjoyable thing about having the west coast versions of TBS & TNT is that now their annual "24 hours of a Christmas Story" is actually longer thanks to the west coast broadcasts. I also like how they staggered it this year by having it start at one time on TBS and an hour later on TNT. Yes I've seen it thousands of times, but I'm still a sucker for this every year. I'd love to see more "West" feeds added. The wife loves being able to catch the west coast Big Bang Theory reruns on TBS too.
I agree, especially for us west coasters.

If it is on 101 then it is much less likely to be HD - why would they want to waste valuable 101 bandwidth on a channel few people watch, when they could use it for a more popular channel? I'm willing to bet it stays MPEG4 SD, the only way it goes HD is if it is on 99/103.
There are plenty of channels now in HD that nobody cares about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)