TCU Invited to Big 12

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
Big 12 Board of Directors Authorizes Expansion
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]http://ht.ly/6PvSn

Acting upon a unanimous recommendation of its expansion subcommittee, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors has authorized negotiations with Texas Christian University to become the Conference's 10th member, and instructed interim commissioner Chuck Neinas to immediately begin discussions with TCU.

The action of the Board was without dissent. On the advice of legal counsel, The University of Missouri did not participate in the vote.

If I was TCU, I'd take them up on it. Big XII (no matter the teams left) is a better fit than the Big East (which is having the same issues right now).

Though it's funny now how the Big XII will be go to TCU & probably Houston, after leaving them out during the SWC & Big8 merger.

Can't say I am surprised. The Big 12 trying to keep themselves together.

Can't say I am surprised. The Big 12 trying to keep themselves together.
Between FOX and ESPN, there's a lot of money on the table for the Big-12 through 2015. The board of directors voted to share all that money equally between the schools, so I would think TCU stands to gain if they join. If the whole conference folds, there would definitely be some losers (Baylor, Iowa State, Texas Tech).

$20 million a piece now and that will jump when the ESPN/ABC contract renews in a couple of years. TCU is spending 5 million leaving the Big East to get 20 million in the Big 12.

The word is that if Mizzou leaves, they will be replaced with Louisville. I don't see that as a good add, but it's what I keep seeing.

Texas wants a ten team league, so I don't think that they add anyone else unless Mizzou leaves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts