Team Summit: General Assembly Notes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How high will the resolution be on the sling output? Are they viewing the RF output as standard def but will be able to sling HD out to a second TV?
It will output HD in your house, just like the upcomng SlingHD will be able to do.

The 722s is still awhile away. I wouldn't expect it until early next year. (even though I am hearing that they are pushing to get it out sooner then that)

Thanks Scott and the gang for your representation at Team Summit. What is going on makes me happy to be using DishNetwork as my main and only TV provider.

PS- If any of you see my old friend Dan Landreth, tell him Don said hello. :)

I just upgraded to a 722, what is this going to mean to me when the new 722 comes out?

You'll have the same thing you have today then, that's all that's remotely guaranteed. Of course, once you're out of contract, you can always DishItUp to the new receiver for a princely sum of money (I think I paid 149$ last time).

A few days ago I inquired about tradeing my 522 for a 722 (I also already have a 622).
They said they'd do it for $75 (plus 2 year vommitment).

Gald I saw this thread - I'm gonna hold out for the new 722, even if it is next year.
hmmm would be nice if they still would do it for $75!!!

(my call next year: "But back in May they said $75, can't you still do that deal? It's still a 722 right? - lol)

It will output HD in your house, just like the upcomng SlingHD will be able to do.

The 722s is still awhile away. I wouldn't expect it until early next year. (even though I am hearing that they are pushing to get it out sooner then that)

While I am looking forward to this, doesn't seem odd that Dish is working towards making less number receivers for one house??

(my call next year: "But back in May they said $75, can't you still do that deal? It's still a 722 right? - lol)

That didn't work so great when the 722 came out and the 722 upgrade was 50$ more than the 622. They said 'Too bad, we'll give you a 622 for 99 bucks, but if you want the 722 you're paying 149. We said *A* HD DVR for 99$, not which one.'. :D

If Dish offers a Sling upgrade for my existing 722, I figure I'd pay for it as long as it was a one-time. Things that add functionality to the existing device (and will move over in the event of hardware failure), I'm willing to accept. A Slingbox Regular is around 60 bucks, I'd pay 30-40 without thinking about it to have Sling in mine.

I'd also kind of like to see Remote Scheduling sometime this century.. :)

They talking about the ability to turn a 211 21k 222k into DVRs by attaching an external USB drive.
Next month they will be adding a USB Storage folder in your My Recording section so that your USB Hard drive recordings cn be easilly accessed.

What does this mean? Does this mean we will (finally) have the promised EHD capability on our 211s?

I hope so.

Larry

What does this mean? Does this mean we will (finally) have the promised EHD capability on our 211s?

I hope so.

Larry

It sounds like you'll be able to take your EHD and plug it into the VIP2xx receivers starting next month and play your recorded shows at the very least. It sounds like the DVR capability (where you can actually turn your VIP2xx into a DVR by attaching an external USB drive) is still a ways off though.

I'd like to see the ability to play recorded video on the VIP2xx from the VIP6xx/7xx receivers by using the power line or ethernet connect. Being able to share your shows within the house is an old concept (especially as a former ReplayTV user).

I am sure the will find some way of charging per instance of software or limit it in the same manner as current sling software one connection per device, Dish never misses a chance to nickle and dime you. That being said this does make the 722s very desirable and this should be available right around the time my 18 months is up!!!

Heres hoping they can get this out of the door SOON!!! :D

I am sure the will find some way of charging per instance of software or limit it in the same manner as current sling software one connection per device

The one connection per device situation is because the Sling processor transcodes the video downward and the processor can't handle multiple transcoding sessions. If it was just a 'bent pipe' then it'd be a different story. It's a limitation of the hardware.

I am curious if they'll just put the similar hardware in the 722s as the Slingbox HD has, or if they'll just try to do this within the 722 processor though.

I am sure the will find some way of charging per instance of software or limit it in the same manner as current sling software one connection per device, Dish never misses a chance to nickle and dime you. That being said this does make the 722s very desirable and this should be available right around the time my 18 months is up!!!

Heres hoping they can get this out of the door SOON!!! :D

That's what I was going to comment on once I read Scott's post. How much will they charge to enable the Sling? :rolleyes:

I'd also kind of like to see Remote Scheduling sometime this century.. :)

I am wondering since it is going to be "tightly" integrated with Yahoo, if they will enable remote scheduling through their website. I am not sure if they still have an exclusive deal with someone else, was it DirecTV? Perhaps they plan to offer this.

Just like anything else that comes out. I will let you guys get it and run it for a little bit before I go after one. I am pretty sure there will be problems with this new receiver at 1st. There will be tons of posts on here about it's problems, that is for sure.

Wouldn't a "sling" enabled box negate the need for some kind of remote scheduling site as you could activate the slingplayer and set up the scheduling that way..... or

Now if they were really smart (somewhat of an oxymoron for DISH) they would have the the remote scheduling built directly into the device using the sling tech.....