Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings from the mile high city of Denver, Co the home of the 2011 Dish Network Team Summit!

Registration is now open and I was one of the first in line to pick up badge and goody bag. In the bag was a nice surprise, a free Dish Network basic remote.

The new Dish Network basic remote has 20 fewer buttons then the standard Dish Network remote and cels really good in your hand. The basic remote works with the Dish 311, 322, 512, 522, 625, 411, 211k, 222k, 612, 622& 722k. Batteries not included, it uses 4 AA batteries.

Also in the bag was a card for Blockbuster it says if you bring it to their booth you will get something special.

I am looking forward to tonight when Charlie Ergen takes the stage and fills us in on his vision of the future. I am told he has a big surprise to announce sometime around 11 pm eastern time. So stay tuned to SatelliteGuys over the next few days as thing could get real interesting.

Looking through the Team Summit book I find it funny that Disney is the sponsor of tonight's Bret Michaels concert.

Btw while I was taping this Dish Network co founder Jim Defranco stopped by and he says hello to everyone. :)

That's it for now but more as I have it, thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Attachments

• image-951275457.png
    image-951275457.png
    390.2 KB · Views: 497
  • image-1771072580.jpg
    image-1771072580.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 411
  • image-703839427.jpg
    image-703839427.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 359
  • image-226099701.jpg
    image-226099701.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 373
  • image-128813312.jpg
    image-128813312.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 444
K9SAT said:
Scott can you stream this thing live from you Iphone?

Nope. This is still a private event, and I know going in what I can and can not report on from here. I have to respect Dish Networks rules as I am a guest here in their house. If I violated their trust I doubt I would be invited back. :)

Nope. This is still a private event, and I know going in what I can and can not report on from here. I have to respect Dish Networks rules as I am a guest here in their house. If I violated their trust I doubt I would be invited back. :)

Right on.. I didn't realize that it was such a private gathering. I thought of it as more of a pep rally for retailers. :D It's going to be interesting what Charlie announces. I have my ears tuned! :)

I can't stand that remote. But I understand the need for some of the older/less tech savy subs. Looking forward to the big announcement tonight!

Still cracking up a bit with all going on with Disney they are a sponsor.
Like the catchy commercials would say, "BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE": Sponsored by Disney Channel, Disney XD channel, EspnU and SoapNet - first 2 had their HD feed removed and are part of existing Dish/Disney litigation, 3rd never has been in HD on Dish - I just can't recall whether Dish was carrying soapnet in HD prior to the litigation or not, not even sure such channel exists.

Now Soapnet could stay on the air longer then they thought was suppose to launch Jan. 1st now they say sometime in the spring. Disney is having trouble getting sponsors for they channel.

That new remote has fast forward and rewind but no skip ahead or skip back buttons? I do not use the fast forward and rewind buttons. I always use the skip buttons as it is faster and easier for me. That would be a deal breaker for me, unless you can change the function of the buttons on that remote. Perhaps that is what Dish Network needs to do although there are already learning remotes out there.

Not sure I like it either. I see no page button. I guess it is like the Directv remote. Hit guide then channel to page through the guide?

That remote is perfect for my father. Never uses the page buttons when in the guide, only uses ff rw never skip. It pains me when I am watching something at his place. Deal breaker for me would be no aux/DVD mode. Unless I missed that button.

The new remote is for 90 yo people who still want to use 5 buttons only.

Channel Up
Channel Down
Power On/Off
Volume Up
Volume Down.

For that reason alone, the basic remote is great. People get scared when they see a remote full of buttons.

I look forward to what you have to share this evening, Scott.

Last edited:
For me it needs a page up and down button as well as an input button.

maybe its have to do with the disney channels?Scott keeps us updated whats going on there.let us know what charlie's big announcement is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts